Got a little over a metric century ride in today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out early before the NC heat and humidity set in. Felt good. Not much traffic, one of the main reasons I like to go out early on a Sunday morning.

Getting some nice miles in there. Used to put up big road miles but only ride off road now. We used to giggle about the "metric century" thing a little bit, seems like if you want to say you rode 100 km you should be doing kph not mph average right? Your 17.5 mph is 28.1 kph!
wink.gif

All in fun, ride lots and be safe!

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Getting some nice miles in there. Used to put up big road miles but only ride off road now. We used to giggle about the "metric century" thing a little bit, seems like if you want to say you rode 100 km you should be doing kph not mph average right? Your 17.5 mph is 28.1 kph!
wink.gif

All in fun, ride lots and be safe!

Ha, never thought about putting speed in kph.
smile.gif

Working up to a century ride possibly this fall with cooler temps. I did hydrate as much as possible and even stopped twice a convenient stores and got some coconut water and downed my GU's and banana's. Still ended up having my left calf cramp up on me just before I got home.

17.5 mph including the stops? that's very good then. I know I couldn't.

the trip computer i had kept counting time when stopped, so that'll hurt averages.

Nice! I was hoping to get a metric in this year, but I'm usually pretty well done after 35 or so miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back