Portable Compressed Air Tank - Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a made in US portable compressed air tank at Longacre. It is a 5-gal aluminum tank with 4' hose for $130 + $35 shipped = $165. Are there any other options for a made in USA portable compressed air tank?

Thanks.

Aluminum? I think I would want a steel tank but maybe I am out of line on that. Does anyone know about the longevity/safety of aluminum pressure tanks?

Looked online and see that many scuba tanks are aluminum and hold up to 3000 psi. So I guess that answers the questiuon. Does the tank you are buying have a pressure overload release valve?

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Looked online and see that many scuba tanks are aluminum and hold up to 3000 psi. So I guess that answers the questiuon.

There's a reason those have to be re-certified yearly. I've seen plenty of large ash trays made from damaged or fatigued ally scuba cylinders. I'd have no problem using an ally air tank, but I'd want to be very careful about dinging it and keeping an eye on when it needs to be re-checked. Sure they won't fatigue like a scuba cylinder, but then the walls won't be as thick either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back