Wanna replace my ContiProContacts on my Civic, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cressida

Quote:
Originally Posted By badtlc
it seems a bit drastic but the RT43 is not a LRR tire. So MPGs going down a bit should have been expected.

Plus, most any new tire will result in lower MPG.

it seems a bit drastic but the RT43 is not a LRR tire. So MPGs going down a bit should have been expected. [/quote]

Plus, most any new tire will result in lower MPG.[/quote]

Also that tread design seems to have an eye on improved snow traction (for an all-season) and that seldom goes hand in hand with fuel economy.

However I do think this MPG is a huge misplacement of priorities when it comes to tire buying. If fuel economy is really important to someone then they should focus on driving habits, which impact fuel mileage much more than any tire choice.

The primary job of the tire is to save your life if you are forced into braking hard, accelerating or swerving. A decade of higher insurance premiums from just one instance of a tire failing to stop on time on a wet road will easily claw back all the savings of a fraction of an MPG per fill up.

Last edited:
The Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max is the noisiest tire I've ever owned. Rode and sounded like snow tires on the highway. Tread wear was poor for me as well. Just replaced them on my Camry with General RT43s. Feels like I'm riding on air compared to those [censored] Goodyears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back