Ford Focus wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late last week the body shop said they thought the Focus was going to be totaled after stripping off body parts. I even had my eye on the newer Ford Escapes, however today the body shop called saying my insurance co. called them and said "fix it". Really the Focus will still be a reliable car, so overall I will be happy to get it back toward the end of next week.

Glad she's OK!

I am however surprised the insurance CO wants to pay to fix a ~10yr/old Focus with nearly 160K miles on it though. That sounds crazy to me. Perhaps that's how it is these days.

The quote to fix the car is 4K. Most insurance cos.,AFAIK, will pay up to 70% of the value of the vehicle for repairs. After that it's totaled.

Stopped by the shop yesterday and all the body parts have been painted and still in the paint room. My guess is they may begin to assemble everything Monday.

If the body shop is open tomorrow and not too far away maybe you can stop in and take some pics of it taken all a part.

Hopefully they blend the paint into other body panels. It'll look stupid with just the affected panels painted. No one is that good at paint matching.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Hopefully they blend the paint into other body panels. It'll look stupid with just the affected panels painted. No one is that good at paint matching.

That's what they did with the passenger side door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back