Dunlop direzza tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone used dunlop direzza dz102 tires? Can someone give me a proper review on how good they grips

Last edited:
I've driven cars with those tires. They are typical "very sticky" and responsive performance tires. In my opinion, tires in this class are very competitive with each other, perform well and corner well and are a general pleasure to drive. I choose this class of tire most often. However, they will turn slower lap times than true competition DOT tires, which I truly love!

I waffle back and forth between this class of tire, and DOT competition tires on my Turbo S2000. The difference between the two is obvious and I prefer the more sticky tires. I just don't like the short life of competition tires on the street. And the constant expense/replacement hassles.

I read a few reviews by "just using google" and alot said its sticky, but i find that during small accelerations (not hard) that i skid a bit and the cheaper ones never did that....thats why i ask

As I'm sure you know, tires designed for cornering are often not great under hard acceleration. The stiff sidewalls limit traction under heavy power. Those same stiff sidewalls keep the tire contact patch accurate during hard cornering.

Also, quite often, high performance tires achieve more grip once warmed up. The degree to which "warm up" is required depends on the tire. Many street tires need just a little heat for good traction, and will get really "greasy" on actual track days.

Contrast that with DOT street legal race tires. They often need somewhat more heating to work well, and can be very slippery when cold.

Of course, all of this depends on the design.

As I mentioned, I prefer the more sticky tires, (and performance brakes too) both require warm-up, but are an absolute joy once there.

I had some Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs a few years ago on my Gen Coupe. Great track tire. OK for the daily driving. Got 24,400 miles out of them with several track days.

I just put in an order for a set of DZ102, to replace Toyo Proxes T1R. I'm getting them installed in a week. Will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back