Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a can of basic Turtle wax paste and decided to try it on my 06 Sentra that does not have great paint.
It shined the car but had very little cleaning ability. The dirt really sticks to this paint and the NuFinish is able to clean it up.
When I use Nufinish and slide the back of my hand across the paint its very smooth, not with the Turtle wax.
I hate to waste a full can of Turtle wax. Could I polish with NuFinish and top it off with the Turtle wax? Or would that just be a waste of time?

NuFinish is a polish and Turtle Wax is...a wax. So yes, after polishing, you can wax.

I once dropped a blob of New Finish on the asphalt,it took almost a year for that stain to go away.Its good stuff.

Originally Posted By: wemay
NuFinish is a polish and Turtle Wax is...a wax. So yes, after polishing, you can wax.

But why ??? IMO....The NuFinish shine has the longest lasting shine available. Why ruin it.... with a wax which you'll have to re-do in 2 to 3 months.

polymer > wax
grin.gif

I suggest a proper wash, followed by de-contaminating the paint with a clay bar or a Nanoskin product before applying either of the products mentioned. You will find that decontaminating the paint will lead to much better results.

'Could I polish with NuFinish and top it off with the Turtle wax?'

^exactly what I do. Beautiful long lasting shine.^

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian

But why ??? IMO....The NuFinish shine has the longest lasting shine available.

Not true. It may outlast Turtle Wax, but there are others that will outlast Nufinish...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Not true. It may outlast Turtle Wax, but there are others that will outlast Nufinish...

I haven't found one yet. What do you recommend?

Originally Posted By: Bamaro

I haven't found one yet. What do you recommend?

There are several...Collinite, Duragloss, and Zaino for sure...

Originally Posted By: Eddie
NuFinish is a polish combined with a polymer protectant. I have used it for 20+ years and it is a great product. Ed

+1.....I've used it for over 20 years as well. Excellent results every time!

+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

+1 Not to mention they look WAY better, but many don't see the benefit of spending money on their paint and are not super critical when it comes to paint protection and looks. The "car guys" will see the difference.

I think another barrier to these top end products is the fact they're not found (in most cases) in the stores. For some reason people have a problem with waxes/polishes that you have to purchase online. Being able to purchase a car wax at Walmart doesn't make it a better product...

grampi. i am in that camp

I once was in the craze of buying online to save a buck or whatever. Now I support local as much as possible. If my car loses a point or two in the car show from using trutle wax from walmart versus some mail order stuff then so be it.

I hate seeing all these folks on here chomping at the bit to buy from rock Auto to save a dollar on an oil filter by making the UPS driver swing by, when they could've just hit up Advanced on the way home and gotten a filter to use.

That is the way I have been seeing economics. I will deny my neighbor two dollars of profit just so I can save one dollar. And when that mentality spreads- then we have a recession or a poor economy and noone has change in their pockets.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
grampi. i am in that camp

I once was in the craze of buying online to save a buck or whatever. Now I support local as much as possible. If my car loses a point or two in the car show from using trutle wax from walmart versus some mail order stuff then so be it.

I hate seeing all these folks on here chomping at the bit to buy from rock Auto to save a dollar on an oil filter by making the UPS driver swing by, when they could've just hit up Advanced on the way home and gotten a filter to use.

That is the way I have been seeing economics. I will deny my neighbor two dollars of profit just so I can save one dollar. And when that mentality spreads- then we have a recession or a poor economy and noone has change in their pockets.

I'm all for supporting my local B&M stores WHEN I CAN GET SUPERIOR PRODUCTS FROM THEM, but I'm not going to buy lesser products to do it...

Collinite blows them both out of the water in terms of durability. it's my favorite winter wax.

If you need correction of any sort you are better off using a dedicated polish and either a wax or sealant for a topcoat. Nufinish is some good stuff for an OTC product but if I had to choose I would go Collinite over either of them.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

Instead of spending my time and gas, I can have it delivered to my door for much less, usually.
In addition that supports the UPS/USPS/FedEx person's job and their purchase of gas/diesel - both local.
Buy at AA/AZ and you support them and their workers. But its not that big of a difference and I go with the best price for what I need, usually.

In this case, after much research, I bought Collinite 845, despite having NuFinish already on hand. Lack of trim staining is the big difference for me (new car finally). I wanted a lasting product and easy to use. It was ~$18-20 vs $6 for NF. I'll likely never use it all, though, as C845 goes a long ways.

But why ??? IMO....The NuFinish shine has the longest lasting shine available.[/quote]

Not true. It may outlast Turtle Wax, but there are others that will outlast Nufinish...[/quote]
I haven't found one yet. What do you recommend? [/quote]

There are several...Collinite, Duragloss, and Zaino for sure... [/quote]

Duragloss does and Collinite come close but Zaino lasts no where near as long as NuFinish. I use all of these on a regular basis. None of them last longer then NuFinish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back