Do I try and fix this or leave it alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the edge of my Sony XBR 65x950B. Notice the small chip in the upper left hand corner of the pic. I have used a black magic marker to try and camouflage it. Should I run some Black fingernail polish over it, super glue or just leave it alone?

It's not on the screen but on the apex of the edge. Best Buy guy said not to worry about it unless I moved to a really humid environment????

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/gebomartin/media/IMG_20160714_171114_2_2.jpg.html

Last edited:
just leave it alone from a functional perspective. if it bothers you aesthetically, then you can try to camouflage it more however you like

You can't even see it unless you are looking for it. What bothered me was the BEStbuy guy saying what he did about the humidity. I didn't know if I should seal it some way.

Get black silicone anything (sealer, gasket material, fish tank repair goop etc.)
Match the contour with a putty knife in hand a few times. I assume everyone needs practice doing something they'll do only once in their lives.
Put some of the silicone based product on the putty knife and give it your best shot.

Then forget about it.

I don't understand the humidity thing. It's like a scratch on the car, sometimes trying to fix it will make it look even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back