What to do with a sluggish economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx

People in other countries also buy products and services made right here in the USA,

Our trade deficit suggests that it's mostly a one way street. This can not be allowed to continue.

Then get out there, and create some manufacturing jobs.
Then, you need to decide if you are going to pay your workers a living wage, or pay a lot of workers minimum wage.
Finally, let's see how long you stay in business until your company's shareholders demand that you move production to a cheaper location, so that they can make more money off of you.

The only other solution is to eliminate 50% of Americans.

BC.

There is another way. Pass a law stating that if you run an American company that sells it's products in the U.S., those products must be produced in the U.S. by legal citizens paid decent wages, including healthcare coverage. That way, no one company has any advantage over any other company in terms of labor costs...a level playing field if you will...

Originally Posted By: SkyActivG
Lastly, our social inequality; there's no more middle class, only poor and rich.

I hate to ask you, but who benefits the most from there only being two classes of people in the country?
Who might have wanted the wage gap to have progressed the way that is has over the past 35 years?

BC.

Actually a brilliant question. The answer will be illuminating...

SteveSRT8,

I think folks like you that own a successful business and sign the paychecks of your employees have a much better grasp of the economy and finances.... than the idiots in Washington.

Sure business is good and sometimes slow, but you are watching every penny. Unlike the people in Washington flushing money down the drain and nothing to show for.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
SteveSRT8,

I think folks like you that own a successful business and sign the paychecks of your employees have a much better grasp of the economy and finances.... than the idiots in Washington.

Sure business is good and sometimes slow, but you are watching every penny. Unlike the people in Washington flushing money down the drain and nothing to show for.

It's only because we the people do not hold them accountable. I believe the folks who run things should face charges for malfeasance in office for deficit spending.

I have fire fighting buddies whose pensions are in jeopardy due to stupid politicians...

Originally Posted By: grampi

People in other countries also buy products and services made right here in the USA,

Our trade deficit suggests that it's mostly a one way street. This can not be allowed to continue.

Then, you need to decide if you are going to pay your workers a living wage, or pay a lot of workers minimum wage.
Finally, let's see how long you stay in business until your company's shareholders demand that you move production to a cheaper location, so that they can make more money off of you.

BC.

There is another way. Pass a law stating that if you run an American company that sells it's products in the U.S., those products must be produced in the U.S. by legal citizens paid decent wages, including healthcare coverage. That way, no one company has any advantage over any other company in terms of labor costs...a level playing field if you will...

You just blew up the US consumer market.
Every company that is currently a "US" company will move its headquarters elsewhere, OR they will be "acquired" by a foreign company, so that they would no longer meet the LEGAL definition of a "US" company.

I was originally going to say that there would be a huge void of a lack of tv's, radios, computers, monitors, cellphones, tropical fruit, bananas, clothing, etc, but then I realized that companies like Sony, ViewSonic, Lenovo, Chiquita, etc, won't be affected by your law, because none of them are US companies, that were created in the US, and are considered a US product.

BC.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
Would you guys stop arguing and (A) buy more corn flakes (B) burn more ethanol blended gasoline (C) drink more soda laden with corn syrup. I just sold corn for $4.00 a bushel and can't afford new green & yellow paint or a new $60,000 bro-dozer truck to roll coal with.

Get over it folks; what will happen, will happen. Left or right, blue or red, black or white, none of us on here have an influence on the economy, country or politics. Eat, be merry, kiss the wife/kids, pay taxes, drink beer and live your life.

Lastly, our social inequality; there's no more middle class, only poor and rich.

I hate to ask you, but who benefits the most from there only being two classes of people in the country?
Who might have wanted the wage gap to have progressed the way that is has over the past 35 years?

BC.

That's entirely the fault of politicians who think they can manipulate (well) an economy.

BC.
The elimination of the population will happen and the reason corps are overseas is because of the regulations the government have made.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
SteveSRT8,

The problem in my opinion is the stupid voters that put and keep our beloved politicians in office

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: 04SE
Would you guys stop arguing and (A) buy more corn flakes (B) burn more ethanol blended gasoline (C) drink more soda laden with corn syrup. I just sold corn for $4.00 a bushel and can't afford new green & yellow paint or a new $60,000 bro-dozer truck to roll coal with.

Get over it folks; what will happen, will happen. Left or right, blue or red, black or white, none of us on here have an influence on the economy, country or politics. Eat, be merry, kiss the wife/kids, pay taxes, drink beer and live your life.

BC.

That's entirely the fault of politicians who think they can manipulate (well) an economy.
The politicians only do what their corporate $pon$er$ tell them to do. How many politicians have actually accomplished anything in the private sector? The voters are easy to fool.

Different parts of the USA have different economies.

Down here there is no manufacturing, but we have a lot of agriculture and tourism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back