Canada Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent last week in Canada, this time for pleasure. Had a great time, enjoyed some outstanding food, and everyone we met was very friendly. Hoping to cover west part of the country next time.

Wife's Q5 averaged around 26 mpg overall on this trip - mostly hwy driving with a little bit of city and stop-and-go traffic.

Here is a handful of random photos.

Casa Loma, Toronto:
DSC_4832.jpg

Views from CN Tower, Toronto:
DSC_4850-2.jpg

DSC_4853.jpg

Toronto Zoo:
DSC_4935.jpg

DSC_4993.jpg

DSC_5002.jpg

Ottawa:
DSC_5039.jpg

DSC_5161.jpg

DSC_5265.jpg

Wallpaper in a restaurant in Ottawa:
DSC_5124.jpg

Notre-Dame Basilica, Montreal:
DSC_5510.jpg

Biodome, Montreal:
DSC_5448.jpg

Niagara Falls:
DSC_5567.jpg

Looks like you had a great trip. I am actually in Montreal right now - so your post gave me some ideas on places to explore. Other than the ones you posted, are there any other places that you would recommend visiting?

Great pics QP! Another couple of areas worth visiting are Grand Bend and Muskoka.

Wish I knew you were coming, it would have been great to meet up for a drink, I could have probably got IndyIan onboard as well, but understand that this may not have worked with your timeline
smile.gif

Let me know the next time you are in the GTA if you want to meet up though.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Looks like you had a great trip. I am actually in Montreal right now - so your post gave me some ideas on places to explore. Other than the ones you posted, are there any other places that you would recommend visiting?

Old Quebec City. Changing of the guard at the citadel.

Great pics OP!

Always a fine time in Canada. Many a short trip during my youth as we lived 80 miles south of Montreal. Subsequent trips around the Great Lakes (Highway 1), through the plains and east to Quebec' City.

A trip to the western side is overdue. While I'm a good traveller, the Canucks are friendly too. I go off the beaten path and I think they're a bit shocked when I don't exhibit any "questionable American attributes" either real or imagined.

Great pictures!!!!!!!!!
I used to go to Canada every year with some work buddies.
In the same area. Hamilton, Stoney Creek, etc.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Take a hike up to Mount Royal. We didnt have the time for this one.

Great photography.. I love my country, so much good stuff to see here.
Toronto is a mecca for good food. Just so much everywhere you go.. It sucks for driving in Toronto but for everything else its exceptional.
Glad you had a good time.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Great pics QP! Another couple of areas worth visiting are Grand Bend and Muskoka.

Wish I knew you were coming, it would have been great to meet up for a drink, I could have probably got IndyIan onboard as well, but understand that this may not have worked with your timeline
smile.gif

Let me know the next time you are in the GTA if you want to meet up though.

Yeah, I thought about it, but with the limited attention span of a one-year old, most of our dining/drinking endavours were problematic and had to be cut short. I would certainly like to meet up one of these days.

You made it up to Ottawa - good to see!

Wish I could meet up with more BITOG'ers...that would be cool.

There are dozens of videos like the following between Calgary and Field, BC. This is dated 2010, the construction through Banff and Lake Louise park was completed a couple of years ago. With the speed limits raised to 110Km in Manitoba & Saskatchewan, 120km on the Coquihalla in BC and twinning from the Manitoba/Ontario border to Lake Louise, with a 6-pack of Rock Star 'n Red Bull, Winnipeg to Vancouver is a 22 hour drive including pit stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6rF9634_yQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back