Firestone Dest LE2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering some Firestone Destination LE2 tires for my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder since I hear they are real quiet on the road (I am so tired of most A/T tires they just get so nosey with miles on them!) are great in the rain and wear well. My only worry is I live in Western MA and we get lots of snow so how are the Dest LE2 tires in the white stuff?

These tires get solid reviews for a good "all around" tire but don't get that great of comments when it comes to using them for snow. If you do a google search you will find the reviews.

BITOG are not big fans of Firestone products generally.

The only tire one should ever considering putting on their vehicles are Michelin tires-at least according to the "experts" here on BITOG!

Originally Posted By: CKN
These tires get solid reviews for a good "all around" tire but don't get that great of comments when it comes to using them for snow. If you do a google search you will find the reviews.

BITOG are not big fans of Firestone products generally.

The only tire one should ever considering putting on their vehicles are Michelin tires-at least according to the "experts" here on BITOG!

What BITOG have you been listening to? You should know that all Michelins will develop cracks as soon as mounted and fall off the wheel.
You must used the General RT43 the only tire approved by BITOG.

Actually I have used the Firestone LE2 and liked them.

Originally Posted By: CKN

LOL I'm no tire expert but my past experience with Michelin tires, leaves me saying I won't ever be using them again.

OP I'm interested in the LE2 tires for my Liberty. The snow reviews were so so. I really thought they'd get better reviews for snow. My friend has them on his Explorer and loves them. He has a place in upstate NY and says they're great in snow, go figure.

I did a lot of research on the LE2s before I ended up getting the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Ecopia tires, which have been a great riding, quiet tire. The Destination LE2s were a really close second. From my research, they are a very good value. They may not be the best in any one category, but overall, are much better than average, especially considering the price.

I don't have direct experience with the LE2s but I heard that they have pretty decent snow/slush traction. if that is a major concern it is worth considering snow tires.

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I am considering some Firestone Destination LE2 tires for my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder since I hear they are real quiet on the road (I am so tired of most A/T tires they just get so nosey with miles on them!) are great in the rain and wear well. My only worry is I live in Western MA and we get lots of snow so how are the Dest LE2 tires in the white stuff?

GREAT in the snow, trust me. I have a Pilot with these on it.

I have them on my daughters 2wd Rav4.....excellent all the way around. Especially in the NE Ohio winters where she had to drive 12 miles to school every day.

I too have them on my daughter's 2wd RAV4. Excellent all the way around.
10k miles and the performance is quiet, predictable, good in the precip, and just fine in light snow.
Haven't had the misfortune of finding out the deep snow characteristics yet.

Took off Toyo AT and went to Destination AT - you might say I went from Flintstone to Firestone - much more civil and really pretty quiet for having a bit of AT in the design ...
Do well in rain, deep sand, and mild mud - no snow in these parts 🏂

I have a set on my AWD 93 Grand Cherokee. I only have 7000 miles on them, but I really like them so far. I thought they did fairly well in deep snow, but they are amazing in slush and rain. They are quiet and I really like how they feel on the highway. I had all 4 installed for less than 400 bucks on sale. I hope they wear well. AWD Grand Cherokees are hard on tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back