New tires for 2006 Chrysler T&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to buy tires for my sons' latest car. Van has an odd tire size, 215-70-15.
I found these Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on DTD. $359 with free shipping. Local indi will mount and balance them for $72. So, what do you think about these tires?

Recommendations?? We will need these by next week so I need to get cracking.

TIA

The Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring is supposed to be better, so those are what I had put on my grandmother's 2014 Grand Caravan a month ago, nice and smooth so far. Good handling too.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
The Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring is supposed to be better, so those are what I had put on my grandmother's 2014 Grand Caravan a month ago, nice and smooth so far. Good handling too.

I didn't see the ultras on the search at DTD. These are on sale with $40 off.

Thanks

The highest profile of Ultra Touring is 65, 215/70-15 is available in Grand Touring.

Also, Grand Touring is 80k miles tire and Ultra Touring is 60k miles.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
We need to buy tires for my sons' latest car. Van has an odd tire size, 215-70-15.
I found these Cooper CS5 Grand Touring on DTD. $359 with free shipping. Local indi will mount and balance them for $72.

You are not locked into the 215/70-15 tire size for that vehicle and can easily upgrade to the commonly available 215-65-15 which is how many Chrysler minivans with 15 inch wheels come equipped.

Firestone stores are running a sale this month on the Affinity Touring this month: Buy two get two free. I've always paid under $400 installed and out the door on those tires for my 2000 Caravan in the above size. Great tire, super quiet and smooth ride.

Also, they do a free mechanical inspection of the brakes, front end and free tire rotations

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com...l_070616_IPWarm

I recently bought Nokian Entyres for my 2006 DGC with the exact same tire size. A set of 4 tires ran $222 from Amazon if you are concerned about a price point but unfortunately I won't install them until the car undergoes inspection in Sept. so I have no short term opinion on them. They are 700 AA UTQG 70000 tires.

On this vehicle I have run Viva 2s which were average and Michelin Defenders that wore down to 4 32nds in only 23 k of driving thus had very poor wearability.

Plenty of good tires in the size 215/70-15, including

Dunlop Signature II
General Altimax RT43 (which is popular on BITOG)
Kumho Solus TA11

If you like white letter tires, there's the Cooper Cobra radial GT

Please don't buy the Cooper Cobra radial GT for your minivan! The only thing that the Cobra offers over the CS5 Grand Touring is raised white letters. Great tire for old muscle cars if you want that look. The CS5 Grand Touring is a MUCH better choice for ALL performance categories when compared to the Cobra GT. You will be very happy with the CS5 tires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Please don't buy the Cooper Cobra radial GT for your minivan! The only thing that the Cobra offers over the CS5 Grand Touring is raised white letters. Great tire for old muscle cars if you want that look. The CS5 Grand Touring is a MUCH better choice for ALL performance categories when compared to the Cobra GT. You will be very happy with the CS5 tires.

I was joking about the Cobras
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back