100% Cranberry Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone drink the stuff? One of the few places that sells it around here is Trader Joes. Only $2.99 for a glass bottle which is 32 ounces I believe. Only ingredient is cranberries so it's pretty tart. One 8 ounce serving has 70 calories and ten grams of sugar. No sugar is added it's the natural amount that's in the berries. Many health benefits.

The juice from Ocean Spray and the like seem to contain 30% juice.

I've always wanted to find this but didn't know where. Thanks SatinSilver. Yes, the stuff at Publix has all kinds of juice mixes like white grape or apple juice as the first ingredient.

You bet, they also have Tart Cherry Juice for $4.99 a bottle if you get tired of the Cranberry. Drink more of this along with water. I feel great after having eight ounces of it. I think it curbs appetite since I was hungry before drinking it and a few hours later I'm not hungry. Of course the heat may have something to do with it as well. Mid 90's today but not complaining.
smile.gif

I want to find cranberry juice, NOT from concentrate, and NOOOOO SUGAR.

I can't find cranberry juice anywhere, it either a blend, and they are all loaded with sugar, might as well pop a Mt. Dew!

Worse, for years Ocean Spray sweetened with HFCS. I mean what the heck?

Anyway sorry, I squeeze a lime in the straight juice. Down the hatch. I have cut back on fruit juices the last few years, but cranberry juice and black cherry juice every so often are awesome exceptions - mostly in the winter when fresh berries and cherries are not around.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

I can't find cranberry juice anywhere, it either a blend, and they are all loaded with sugar, might as well pop a Mt. Dew!

Yes, that what this is so hopefully you have a Trader Joes close by. A medium apple naturally contains 19 grams of sugar. So ten grams in a cup of this is pretty low. The only thing at TJ that I bought was this stuff. Yesterday I bought a bottle for my parents and went back today for myself.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Worse, for years Ocean Spray sweetened with HFCS. I mean what the heck?

Anyway sorry, I squeeze a lime in the straight juice. Down the hatch. I have cut back on fruit juices the last few years, but cranberry juice and black cherry juice every so often are awesome exceptions - mostly in the winter when fresh berries and cherries are not around.

I agree and the front labels are so misleading when you read the ingredient list. I may have to have a second cup in a little bit. I was going to do some yard work at mom and dad's and it's sweltering out.

I've never seen 100% cranberry juice. Who makes it? Every "100% juice" cranberry juice I see is always mixed with grape and apple juice.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You bet, they also have Tart Cherry Juice for $4.99 a bottle if you get tired of the Cranberry. Drink more of this along with water. I feel great after having eight ounces of it. I think it curbs appetite since I was hungry before drinking it and a few hours later I'm not hungry. Of course the heat may have something to do with it as well. Mid 90's today but not complaining.
smile.gif

It is all the carbs in the juice.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've never seen 100% cranberry juice. Who makes it? Every "100% juice" cranberry juice I see is always mixed with grape and apple juice.

Trader Joes store brand. Otherwise have to go to one of those Health Nut stores and prob pay ten bucks or so.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It is all the carbs in the juice.

Sixteen carbs.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=8FABF12C-169F-11E0-BF92-FEFD45A4D471

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

This one looks pretty similar on Amazon. But it's double the price of TJ's product.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Anyone drink the stuff? One of the few places that sells it around here is Trader Joes. Only $2.99 for a glass bottle which is 32 ounces I believe. Only ingredient is cranberries so it's pretty tart. One 8 ounce serving has 70 calories and ten grams of sugar. No sugar is added it's the natural amount that's in the berries.

Gonna have to check it out. Historically, I've stayed away because all the ones I've seen at local supermarkets were typically loaded with sugar.

Much of the sugar is there to start with.

I've always heard that cranberry juice is good for your urinary tract. Since females' urinary tracts are 2' long I assume it's mainly beneficial for men.

I don't know. I do love that that cherry juice though.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Since females' urinary tracts are 2' long I assume it's mainly beneficial for men.

Males urinary tract is more like 8-9 inches.
Females are like 2 inches.
Shorter tract length means easier to get an infection.
It is more important for females to drink it.

When is the last time you heard of a circumcised male getting a UTI?

Originally Posted By: Kira
Much of the sugar is there to start with.

I've always heard that cranberry juice is good for your urinary tract. Since females' urinary tracts are 2' long I assume it's mainly beneficial for men.

I don't know. I do love that that cherry juice though.

females have 2ft urinary tracts? Anyway, its good for UTI's which many females get.

You need to go to the organic or health section in the store usually its not in with the regular juice.

Lakewood brand is common here.. about $5.99
http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-33/

You can also just buy frozen cranberries and incorporate them with foods to get the benefits. No sugar that way and you get nutrition from the skin of the berry also.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

I've seen it many times at Wal-Mart of all places. It's next to the cherry juice, prune juice, lemon juice, lime juice, blueberry juice and right across the aisle from all of the refrigerated juices.

I get it all the time here at CVS, mostly because I don't like going to Wal-Mart, who also has it. Ocean Spray 100% Cranberry Juice No Sugar Added is what it says on the label. Good stuff too.

Considering this is Alabama, I'm kind of surprised this version is hard to find in places other than say, Venezuela.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I get it all the time here at CVS, mostly because I don't like going to Wal-Mart, who also has it. Ocean Spray 100% Cranberry Juice No Sugar Added is what it says on the label. Good stuff too.

Considering this is Alabama, I'm kind of surprised this version is hard to find in places other than say, Venezuela.

Yes, it's all juice and no sugar added but it's from concentrate with other stuff added in. Look at the ingredient list. I was talking about the juice that has only one ingredient....cranberries.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ocean-Spray-100-Cranberry-100-Juice-101.4-oz/15935182

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back