Questions about picking the best CLP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: Ws6
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Rifle is cleaned when they replace the barrel. Some are NSW guys and go through a m4 every 4 weeks or so.

So your telling me that Navy Seals shoots out a barrel in 4 weeks? Love this sight, learn something new every time I log on.

Yes. However, their firing schedules are TOUGH and include a lot of suppressed use. 4-6 weeks is about all that a gun is good for until a rebuild is needed. The bolts typically let go at around 7k, the barrels at around 7500. Keep in mind, these guys may shoot over 100k rounds a year. They also call their shots. As in, if one pulls the trigger, unless it's a break-contact type drill where volume>anything else, they can call that shot on a 3x5 index card or so. most of them that I know shoot a lot "slower" than what you might imagine, but dirty, cold, hungry, exhausted, 120*F weather, it doesn't matter. When they pull that trigger, something is going to get a hurting.

Keep in mind they do not shoot "slow", but they "pace" movements VERY WELL. For example, they may sound like "boom boom boom boom" instead of "boomboomboomboom" on the range, but that perfect cadence that makes them sound "slow" is actually them moving the gun target-to-target very rapidly, taking the shots and moving on, where a more novice shooter may end up going "boomboom....pause...transition...pause....boomboom". Looking at total-time to engage, the NSW guy may post a 1.5 second drill, where our novice posts a 3 second drill. The NSW guy went from high/low ready to lead on target in 0.75, while the novice took 1.25, and so forth. The novice then tries to make up for inferior handling/transition by rushing the shots, and we get "boomboom" and less than stellar consistent accuracy. I don't know if this explains it very well, but I remember my first time training with guys like that, and thinking "I can shoot faster than that!". Well, the time-clock and the targets proved me wrong, lol! Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, slow is fast. Totally makes sense after being exposed to the mechanics of it. Here is an example of me shooting pistol where you note my shots are not "super fast", until you take into account that I am ALSO transitioning targets between every 2 shots on the first part of the drill, and there is no "lag" between tagging each twice, re-acquiring, and doing it again, and moving to the next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9beSeCvRMlk

This is also why many SF will roll their eyes at the ballistics crowd which says Gold dot, or TSX, or...they are putting their bullets through the pump-house, or brain and FMJ will work fine for that. They also shoot 100K a year, and simply use what they are issued. I know a lot of them have FB pages and pimp commercial gear and new products, etc. but on a "work gun", they use what is issued and proven, and I have never yet met one who did not prefer the M4 type platform in their personal life, as well, in one form or another, FWIW

You lump all NSWF into one monolithic group and regale us with tales of what "they" do for training and weapon choice as proof of your stated arguments.

How do you know so much about Navy SEALs?

I'm far and away not an authority on the SEALs. I suggest you speak with those you know for more information on them. Thats where my info comes from training with them and talking with them. You might get other data points

It's hilarious when reading about Navy Seals (any military branch really) and their guns here. This is a topic devoted to the average Joe board member here and if people want to maintain auto-guns like the military, then go and join a military gun messageboard.
90% of us don't own military weapons or ritualize with/about them.

Please keep this topic centered on the average Joe (the 90%) that doesn't even own an AR-15. We own average Joe pistols, shotguns, muzzleloaders, rimfires and centerfires. 90% of us may own a semi-auto or three and might be fall season hunting season participants...... that's about it.

You 10%ers (probably less than 5% really) should take the real serious side of needing high-end CLPs to a real serious gun board.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
It's hilarious when reading about Navy Seals (any military branch really) and their guns here.
You 10%ers (probably less than 5% really) should take the real serious side of needing high-end CLPs to a real serious gun board.

Considering that many of us on this board take lubrication to a level of insanity...I don't see why this information is inappropriate.

Last edited:

Most likely less than .005% in reality. Remember, on the Internet, everyone is an "Operator".... Or else trains with one.

It's hilarious when reading about Navy Seals (any military branch really) and their guns here. This is a topic devoted to the average Joe board member here and if people want to maintain auto-guns like the military, then go and join a military gun messageboard.
90% of us don't own military weapons or ritualize with/about them.

Please keep this topic centered on the average Joe (the 90%) that doesn't even own an AR-15. We own average Joe pistols, shotguns, muzzleloaders, rimfires and centerfires. 90% of us may own a semi-auto or three and might be fall season hunting season participants...... that's about it.

Cool story. The average Joe will be fine with any [censored] product made for lubricating steel. Motor oil. Atf. Breakfree. [censored], pig lard. Same for the average car owner. Just put motor oil of recommended weight in the crank case. Why are you on this site? Can't you just read what's on your oil cap and buy something in that weight?

Originally Posted By: billt460

Most likely less than .005% in reality. Remember, on the Internet, everyone is an "Operator".... Or else trains with one.

Hecl, you use weaponshield and it does fine. Some of the worst wear protection I've seen in 4 ball wear testing.

Last edited:
Why are you on this site? Can't you just read what's on your oil cap and buy something in that weight?

Speaking for myself, I'm here, (this thread), to watch how defensive and nasty you get, every time someone comes along and questions your "expertise".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: billt460
Why are you on this site? Can't you just read what's on your oil cap and buy something in that weight?

Speaking for myself, I'm here, (this thread), to watch how defensive and nasty you get, every time someone comes along and questions your "expertise".
laugh.gif

Noone questions my expertise, because I have never claimed to be an expert.

2moc80g.jpg

I use G96 with the utmost confidence. It has served me well through sub-freezing temps. through temps. in the 100s. It has allowed my numerous handguns and longuns to survive dozens of matches and multi-day training courses with only a few drops in the right places through 1000s of rounds before a thorough cleaning or relube. And lastly long-term protection is outstanding. Just follow the directions. So I can recommend G96 CLP without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back