Deleting Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it won't be long before they rejoin. I got mad at Lowe's before and swore I'd never go back and 2-3 projects down the road I'm browsing their website looking at prices.

I stopped using Pandora and switched to iHeartradio a long time ago, when Pandora started making me listen to commercials after every other song.

Good, more people to [censored] off....

Finding it hard to believe anyone still wears underwear anymore....

I really don't care. I enjoy Pandora, and me deleting it isn't going to make turds worth of difference.

If it was the other way around, I can't help but wonder how many people would be up in arms. Would the opinion-less folks here have an opinion then?

Lots of corporations are left leaning.. Deal with it or take your money elsewhere.

As mentioned, you should probably delete Facebook. Watch out where you shop, eat and which actor you see in the theater too.

Perhaps my memory isn't as sharp as it once was, but it seems like a fairly recent phenomenon that businesses are taking a public stance on very hot issues.

Maybe it's my accounting brain doing the thinking, but I don't know why ANY business would want to take a position on any issue that isn't extremely pertinent to the goods being sold. You're inevitably going to anger about half of your customer base.

Also, wasn't it very taboo at one time to speak publicly about ones political preferences? Seems like that has changed and as a result we seem too divided among ideological lines. I would hope that one sign of a civilized society is that everyone can hold diverse views but still put them aside for grabbing a drink or sharing in an activity.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Perhaps my memory isn't as sharp as it once was, but it seems like a fairly recent phenomenon that businesses are taking a public stance on very hot issues.

Maybe it's my accounting brain doing the thinking, but I don't know why ANY business would want to take a position on any issue that isn't extremely pertinent to the goods being sold. You're inevitably going to anger about half of your customer base.

Also, wasn't it very taboo at one time to speak publicly about ones political preferences? Seems like that has changed and as a result we seem too divided among ideological lines. I would hope that one sign of a civilized society is that everyone can hold diverse views but still put them aside for grabbing a drink or sharing in an activity.

Agree strongly. Dumb for a business to take a stance on pretty much anything, just keep selling your music subscriptions and keep your nose down.

No need to take on social issues.

I use spotify free anyways.

There are a lot more important things in life then a darn radio station,,,like dying in the C ward, getting a bad report on you lungs, heart, kidneys, walking around in the mall with your O2 bottle because you might have smoked for years, and on and on....be
grateful you can walk on your own power to get that 1st cup of coffee etc.

Pray for a hedge of protection before you leave the house,,,,works for me.. G. BLESS AMERICA

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Agree strongly. Dumb for a business to take a stance on pretty much anything, just keep selling your music subscriptions and keep your nose down.

No need to take on social issues.

I use spotify free anyways.

I listen to SiriusXM at work. I agree that it is a poor business decision for a company to take a stance on most hot button issues. I feel the same way about celebrities, especially when they try to speak about issues that they do not have knowledge of. I tend to think less of celebrities that speak out on a lot of these supposed issues, even when I agree with them.

The amount of users who will delete the App will be relatively small compared to the total number of subscribers.

I enjoy Pandora.

I listen to spotify anyway. I like to listen to one band, as that is what I'm in the mood for. I rarely am ever in the mood for just the genre in itself so Pandora is useless for me. Especially when I cannot stand some of the bands in the same genre lol.

What a stupid decision for management. They've now "outed" themselves as SJW's just to belong/like/share/join/stand/participate in the latest racial incident. They've also angered a lot of their customer base.

Fools......

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

+1 to deleting faceplant as well.

We also deleted our Pandora pay account. There are better options. Especially if you want a high bitrate and true hi-fi sound quality.

If you made a pact to avoid every company with which you have a political disagreement, you'd have a wallet full of money with nobody to give it to. I don't always agree with the political views of companies from whom I buy products, but I don't always agree with the political views of friends and family members, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back