QSAD 5W20 VOA Bottled 2/25/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would stick with this oil for the time being since you have a VOA baseline going forward for subsequent UOA's.

Formula's changes quite often due to supply and demand of base oils and additive packages.

Originally Posted By: Nitronoise
well as I have said in the past , I have a 04 hyundai sonata with 277k on it ran on QSGB since it was new

now you have me thinking .........................................................................

I've seen where you mentioned that. Have you had any problems with leaking gaskets or seals? Does the QSGB seem to be keeping the engine leak free in the higher mileage/older age?

If you get back to see this, I'd like to get your response in the matter. I know this oil will get the job done in wear protection but curious about how well it treats the seals/gaskets in the long run. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I would stick with this oil for the time being since you have a VOA baseline going forward for subsequent UOA's.

Formula's changes quite often due to supply and demand of base oils and additive packages.

I think you've mentioned that formula's change more often than you change underwear....
whistle.gif

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick with the QSGB. I'm working on my fourth oci with it and like you said, I have a fresh voa to work with now. Already have a winter oci tested with this formula and working on a warm weather oci now.

Disappointed. Sorry to say, but between this and ruining Defy, I have nothing for QS anymore.
frown.gif
You have no idea how hard that was to type. This was my jam, my thing, and they screwed it. Now, I'm sure it's just fine, and I'm not bashing it, but it no longer has anything going for it to make it desirable. That's why I've been hunting for something to replace it.

Well, the vintage 1972&3 stuff my grandpa and dad gave me is cleaning out some fine grit in my 4.0 in my ole' 97 jeep. I even mixed some of that 20w20 PYB with some current SN PYB HD 30 for a summer "blend"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back