UOA 2013 Tacoma V6 6k change ~32k on the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you guys are way more experience in this area, they recommend 8k next time. Reasonable? This is the first time that I did 6k oil change. All previous interval were 5k due to the free 2 yrs free maintenance. Now that it's over, I want to do longer interval. Thanks

8k on m1 would be a good place to start.

How is your driving? Stop n go, highway, any towing.

Pick a good filter and go!

Mostly stop and go. No towing and I have been using Fram Ultra filter.

There's no way to determine if an oil sheared via a Blackstone analysis. Yes the viscosity changed but as has been noted that can be/is due to the presence of low-viscosity fuel in the sample.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
There's no way to determine if an oil sheared via a Blackstone analysis. Yes the viscosity changed but as has been noted that can be/is due to the presence of low-viscosity fuel in the sample.

I disagree somewhat with this comment. If viscosity is lower than normal, but Flashpoint is normal, or higher than normal, wouldn't that indicate there's little or no fuel dilution and therefore the reduction in viscosity is likely due to shearing? What am I missing?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Looks good, but watch the fuel. There is a couple % in there and thats why it sheared down. Do you do a lot of short trips?

Most of the commutes are short trips except for later this week where I'll be camping in Mt Rogers. In regard to some of the other comments above, they did mention a little fuel in the analysis but they said that it's normal. I'm going to run it to 8k and do another one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back