MolaBrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the Molabrew for some time then switched to straight Neutra. Its a great cleaner but seems to coat the os2 sensors and catalytic converts causing a engine code. Nothing serious but a call to Schaeffers confirmed that neutral should only be used as lead replacement , engine cleaner and fuel stabilizer. Just curious if anyone has tried using Schaeffer 131C Soy Ultra with FP60 plus as a fuel conditioner?

If we are talking strictly fuel systems, the FP Plus can be used alone without anything else.

There were two MolaBrews, one for piston soak and one for fuel.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
If we are talking strictly fuel systems, the FP Plus can be used alone without anything else.

There were two MolaBrews, one for piston soak and one for fuel.

Okay whats the fuel one?

Mola just so you know I've used the Molabrew 3:1 with Schaeffers 132 and LC20 for years. I also used the Schaeffers Neutra with fp60 3:1 for 83,000 miles and ran out of the fp60 and just ran neutral alone. When the Honda hit 128,000 miles I pulled the spark plugs and found them to be spotless except they had turned a light grey color and caused an engine code to come up. Its seems to cause the O2 sensors and catalytic converters to give false readings. I am know running Schaeffer 131C Soy Ultra. I just thought that possibly the Schaeffer 131C Soy Ultra may be a good mix with the fp60.

What seemed to cause the O2 sensor problem, the Neutra alone? You may have a failing sensor. Not clear on that point.

I suspect you got a slight film of carbon on the O2 sensor from all the cleaning.

If you have some 131C Soy Ultra I would run it by itself for awhile.

The LC60 was primarily for engine block cleaning. Not sure you need it if using modern oils.

The FP Plus is for fuel system cleaning alone.

Last edited:
What seemed to cause the O2 sensor problem, the Neutra alone? You may have a failing sensor. Not clear on that point.

I suspect you got a slight film of carbon on the O2 sensor from all the cleaning.

The LC60 was primarily for engine block cleaning. Not sure you need it if using modern oils.

Did you mean LC20?

Whimsey

I called Schaeffers and they confirmed that Neutra run in new cars will cause a code to come on because it seems to cause some kind of coating to cover the O2 sensors and the catalytic converters. They told me that Neutra should be run in older cars needing a lead replacement or for stabilizing the fuel. I have noticed since running the 131C Soy Ultra that I haven't had anymore engine codes come on.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

Did you mean LC20?

Whimsey

Thanks Whimsey,
thankyou2.gif
I did indeed.

It should read:
Quote:
The LC20 was primarily for engine block cleaning. Not sure you need it if using modern oils.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have noticed since running the 131C Soy Ultra that I haven't had anymore engine codes come on.

FP Plus has also cleaned some O2 sensor as well.

So if I understand what you are saying Molakule , modern engine oils are good enough not to need LC20?

Originally Posted By: synman
So if I understand what you are saying Molakule , modern engine oils are good enough not to need LC20?

True.

okay heres another question, I thought the idea of LC20 was to extend oil drains. Wouldn't it make sense that using LC20 in modern oils that it could extend there ability to go further. My understanding of what LC20 does is to keep acids and water from affecting the motor oil so that being said wouldn't it allow for longer oil drains?

Mola, do you think LC20 is beneficial to a DI engine? Could it help prevent carbon deposits due to blowby, akin to a low SAPS oil? As in, LC20 + mid-high SAPS oil may be similar to a low SAPS oil alone?

thanks for any insights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back