DTD July 4 sale, best tire deal I ever got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.....make since they sell a huge amount of tires....
Travel trailers and heavy duty utility trailers are where I have seen problems with age.
Blow out 3 out of 4 good looking tires one time.....7 yrs old..

I got my Barum Bavarus 215/55/16s already. 1816 date code so fresh stock. All four for ~$95. Not Chinese? Czeck.

The synchronity credit card is also accepted at ExxonMobil stations so it might make a good "get me home" card for the glovebox if your wallet gets stolen.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Bought a set of Cooper CS5 for my 2015 Civic, which is wearing out its mediocre OE Firestone tires. $77 per tire, $75 back from Cooper, $70 back from DTD, $60 back for using Discount's credit card. After rebate total delivered price equals $103 for 4 great tires, no sales tax. Local shop will install and balance for $12 per tire. I always seem to miss out on these kinds of things, I finally snagged one. Their credit card has almost predatory interest rates and terms but I'll just pay the balance as soon as I get the bill, although I believe I could take up to six months with no interest on this purchase.

Does Discount Tire have sales like this on all holidays?

This is a great deal. What size did you buy for your Civic ?

I bought a set of 205/60-16 Kumho Solus TA71 for 2006 Volvo V70 from local AT(DT else where) last Memorial Day weekend for $195 installed after 3 rebates of $195.

It is a little more than buying online and take it to independent garage for installation and balance.

The benefit with buying tire from local DT is lifetime balance/rotation plus easy to claim mileage warranty, which I did at least 3 times already for other cars.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Bought a set of Cooper CS5 for my 2015 Civic, which is wearing out its mediocre OE Firestone tires. $77 per tire, $75 back from Cooper, $70 back from DTD, $60 back for using Discount's credit card. After rebate total delivered price equals $103 for 4 great tires, no sales tax. Local shop will install and balance for $12 per tire. I always seem to miss out on these kinds of things, I finally snagged one. Their credit card has almost predatory interest rates and terms but I'll just pay the balance as soon as I get the bill, although I believe I could take up to six months with no interest on this purchase.

Does Discount Tire have sales like this on all holidays?

This is a great deal. What size did you buy for your Civic ?

I bought a set of 205/60-16 Kumho Solus TA71 for 2006 Volvo V70 from local AT(DT else where) last Memorial Day weekend for $195 installed after 3 rebates of $195.

It is a little more than buying online and take it to independent garage for installation and balance.

The benefit with buying tire from local DT is lifetime balance/rotation plus easy to claim mileage warranty, which I did at least 3 times already for other cars.

I have an LX civic, so it's 195/65/15, an inexpensive size to purchase. Local shop includes lifetime balancing, which I never see to need with decent tires as they seem to stay balanced, and rotation.

I have an LX civic, so it's 195/65/15, an inexpensive size to purchase. Local shop includes lifetime balancing, which I never see to need with decent tires as they seem to stay balanced, and rotation.

I used to buy tire from DTD about 10-12 year ago. Then had it installed at Walmart for $12-15/ea. It was a good saving then compares with local shops. But local Walmart lube&tire service was so terrible, installation was okay, but free rotation was a disaster, I had to wait more than 2 hours for a simple rotation without balance.

I then found that tread life warranty was hard to fill with manufacture, and my cars eat tire especially rear tire like hot cake. I then found out that local America Tire is the same as Discount Tire, and they have excellent customer services, so I tried them and it was a good choice.

Since then I had some tread life prorate for 3-4 sets, each time I got back more than $100 to reduce the new purchase.

Also, my local AT store price matches lowest online total price, and I found onlinetires.com has fairly low price and they are local(in LA county about 50 miles away) so I don't pay shipping cost. I print a copy to get AT price match, plus buying during sale and finally excellent customer services.

If you are happy with your local tire shop then you should continue doing business with them, and buying tire from DTD on major holidays to save some money.

I used to buy tire from DTD about 10-12 year ago. Then had it installed at Walmart for $12-15/ea. It was a good saving then compares with local shops. But local Walmart lube&tire service was so terrible, installation was okay, but free rotation was a disaster, I had to wait more than 2 hours for a simple rotation without balance.

I then found that tread life warranty was hard to fill with manufacture, and my cars eat tire especially rear tire like hot cake. I then found out that local America Tire is the same as Discount Tire, and they have excellent customer services, so I tried them and it was a good choice.

Since then I had some tread life prorate for 3-4 sets, each time I got back more than $100 to reduce the new purchase.

Also, my local AT store price matches lowest online total price, and I found onlinetires.com has fairly low price and they are local(in LA county about 50 miles away) so I don't pay shipping cost. I print a copy to get AT price match, plus buying during sale and finally excellent customer services.

If you are happy with your local tire shop then you should continue doing business with them, and buying tire from DTD on major holidays to save some money.

The one time I had tires installed at Walmart it was an experience about like you described. I had an appointment and it was still over 3 hours to get them installed. Won't do that again.

Did two sets of Coopers this time. For the Subie, 205-50-17s, CS5 Ultras, $199/4 after 3 rebates.
For the sister-in-law's Corolla, 195-65-15, would have done CS5s but they ran out. Got CS3s for $83 after 3 rebates.

Originally Posted By: deanm11
Did two sets of Coopers this time. For the Subie, 205-50-17s, CS5 Ultras, $199/4 after 3 rebates.
For the sister-in-law's Corolla, 195-65-15, would have done CS5s but they ran out. Got CS3s for $83 after 3 rebates.

I probably got your Coopers for the Corolla, it said low stock when I ordered mine for the Civic.
whistle.gif
CS3 isn't a bad tire though. a few bucks less per tire than the CS5.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Got 4 Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 225/45R18 for $584 - $205 MIR , thanks for the heads up.

I bet they sold tons of Coopers on this sale. That Cooper rebate was a nice one added with DTD's rebates.

CS3 isn't a bad tire though. a few bucks less per tire than the CS5.

For few sizes, CS3 is few bucks more than CS5 Ultra Touring, I think 215/50-17 or 245/45-17 is one of them.

Got 4 Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 225/45R18 for $584 - $205 MIR , thanks for the heads up.

I bet they sold tons of Coopers on this sale. That Cooper rebate was a nice one added with DTD's rebates.

I believe so too. Good tire and some $ back is the right formula. I bought Kumho Solus TA71 on Memorial Day weekend for their rebate, at that time Cooper didn't have rebate.

Last edited:
I had been eyeing them for a while, was waiting for the rebate. Fast shipping too, ordered yesterday afternoon, and they are already out for delivery today.

DTD still had rebates until yesterday, beside Cooper's $70 rebate for CS5 ?

Local AT(DT outside So Cal) had rebates for 2 days only: Friday and Saturday last week.

Local AT(DT outside So Cal) had rebates for 2 days only: Friday and Saturday last week.

DTD rebates were active longer than what the B&M locations had.

DTD rebates were active longer than what the B&M locations had.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
I knew DTD had earlier date for most rebate events, sometime up to a week earlier.

Cooper CS5 arrived today. Manufactured sixteenth week of 2016 in USA. Nice new rubber. Now to get all the rebates submitted.

Yep, they got my business this time around. 4 CS5's in 215/55-17 94V for $527 (got the replacement certificates) - $205 in rebates for $327 shipped. Pretty good for name-brand tires in that size and speed rating.

There doesn't appear to be an issue with the DTD rebates submitting an invoice dated shortly after the rebate closed. At least that was my experience.

Cooper CS5 arrived today. Manufactured sixteenth week of 2016 in USA. Nice new rubber. Now to get all the rebates submitted.

Mine are on already, like em alot so far. Cooper rebate is already accepted, waiting on DTD rebate. Did all 3 rebates online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back