Rotella 15w40 blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used 15w40 rotella in most of my dirt bikes for several years. I saw it in a sivler/grey jug a while back and i saw it was a synthetic blend. Anyone know what the percentage of syth vs dino is in it and have any of you guys tried it? I run 15w50 M1 in my XR650R but will more than likely try the blend next oil change.

Just curious.

I don't know the % but I do know you have run a great oil in your bikes
smile.gif

I started running it because when i was a young lad i would go to the drag races with some older guys and thats what tbey run in a old Kawisaki 1000. Later i read where tons of guy run it in goldwings so i tried it. Its good its cheap and its available in every convinent store and grocery store in america in the case of an emergency.

Originally Posted By: prs
They changed it? Does it still have the JASO MS indication?

prs

They still make the white jug 15w40 but T5 has always been in a silver jug but untill recently it was only available in 10w30. T5 is a synthetic blend regular rotella t in the white jug is regular ol dino oil. The white jug does have a jaso ma certification but as of now the T5 does not. I havent tried it yet in my bikes but i did run the 10w30 in my 09 silverado.

I'm running it in my FZ1 (15W-40). Hopefully I'll get enough miles on it to post a UOA this fall. Not too concerned about the lack of MA. Been running Rotella so long that when I started, the white bottle 15W-40 did not have the JASO MA either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I'm running it in my FZ1 (15W-40). Hopefully I'll get enough miles on it to post a UOA this fall. Not too concerned about the lack of MA. Been running Rotella so long that when I started, the white bottle 15W-40 did not have the JASO MA either.

I have run it a long time too. When I was a kid I used to go to the drag strip with a bunch of guys older than me and they ran it in their drag bike. Old guy down the road run it in his drag cars that had chevy big blocks in them so it just what I started using. I don't remember when they put the Jason MA cert on the jug. Doesn't matter to me cause I have never had a clutch issue, ever, in like over 30 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back