Mobil1 Racing 2T

Status
Not open for further replies.
any good?

I can get this oil for just 20% more than the cheapest, no cert, 2-stroke oil.

Mobil 1 Racing 2T certifications:
API TC
ISO E-GC, E-GD
JASO FC, FD
SAE Grade 1, Grade 2

What does the SAE grade mean?

Viscosity (ASTM D445)
83 cSt @ 40°C
12.7 cSt @ 100°C
Viscosity index 154
sulfated Ash, 0.15 weight% (ASTM D874)
Pour Point, -42°C (ASTM D97)
Flash point 100 °C (ASTM D92)
Density @ 15.6°C, 0.884 g/ml, (ASTM D4052)

sulfated ash, which components in a 2-stroke would add to this? I wouldn't think they contain much phosporus, so Calcium maybe?

Still available overseas, arguably the finest 2T oil ever made. I sold part of my stash a while back to an UltraLight pilot for his machine. It's about a 30 weight in reality, and although not specifically called out for it, works just fine in injector systems in cold weather for snowmobiles. It does have a small amount of ash components, so not perfect for TCW3, but there have been thousands of gallons of it used in those applications. The EPA killed it here in the US with the tightening of unburned hydrocarbon emissions, the backbone of 2T operation, at least in standard form. Going price, 10-12 a quart.

There's debate amongst the guys who use their 2 strokes the hardest, as to wether Castrol A747, Castrol R30, or Redline 2 Stroke Racing is the best as far as extreme protection under extreme load.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Still available overseas, arguably the finest 2T oil ever made. I sold part of my stash a while back to an UltraLight pilot for his machine. It's about a 30 weight in reality, and although not specifically called out for it, works just fine in injector systems in cold weather for snowmobiles. It does have a small amount of ash components, so not perfect for TCW3, but there have been thousands of gallons of it used in those applications. The EPA killed it here in the US with the tightening of unburned hydrocarbon emissions, the backbone of 2T operation, at least in standard form. Going price, 10-12 a quart.

I found it for 4 euro per litre, that's a very good price sothinking to buy all they have...

Originally Posted By: Olas
There's debate amongst the guys who use their 2 strokes the hardest, as to wether Castrol A747, Castrol R30, or Redline 2 Stroke Racing is the best as far as extreme protection under extreme load.

Extreme load, probably A747, but that's a premix only. The OP didn't indicate if premix or injector. A747 is filthy oil though, and you have to clean up after it. Really sticky spooge,and sticky residue in the engine.
Redline, while a very good oil,eats brass jets,and does nothing for storage corrosion, so again, more maintenance required. Racing 2T does all the lubricating and protecting you'll ever need, with none of the bad habits. I've run it a 16:1 before, and always had clean motors, minimal wear, and a film of lubricant in the bottom end. Just really good oil.

I also feel it's the best 2 stroke oil. I was not happy when they stopped selling it in the US. Used it my KX500 desert bike. Missed those days. Too old to ride hard now

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Originally Posted By: Olas

Extreme load, probably A747, but that's a premix only. The OP didn't indicate if premix or injector. A747 is filthy oil though, and you have to clean up after it. Really sticky spooge,and sticky residue in the engine.
Redline, while a very good oil,eats brass jets,and does nothing for storage corrosion, so again, more maintenance required. Racing 2T does all the lubricating and protecting you'll ever need, with none of the bad habits. I've run it a 16:1 before, and always had clean motors, minimal wear, and a film of lubricant in the bottom end. Just really good oil.

Lubegard's 2 cycle oil IMO is comparable to the fabled M1R. I've used both, still have 7 cases of M1R. The Lubegard 2T to me is indistinguishable in performance (but I have not done engine teardowns/inspections re: cleanliness etc. It would take really serious testing to make a real comparison). No smoke mixed at 20:1 even, and actually it's odor is less offensive to me than M1R.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-267/LUBEGARD+Premium+2+Cycle+Engine+Oil

Only thing weird about it is that it is reportedly only like 7-7.5 cst@100c viscosity which is much thinner than M1R, and yet is somehow supposed to be able to protect really well. Not sure how the supposed film strength of Lubegard's LXE molecule can somehow supercede the role that viscosity plays in engine protection (i.e. the late Pe Reivers had said that RC planes really needed a 2T oil with no less than a 12cst@100 visc to be able to protect with RC engines high torque output).

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I also feel it's the best 2 stroke oil. I was not happy when they stopped selling it in the US. Used it my KX500 desert bike. Missed those days. Too old to ride hard now

Try the Lubegard out I linked above, I'm genuinely curious what others will think of it. You can get it on amazon and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back