I Hesitated to Tell everyone but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I am running 11 year old GC in my 2008 Infiniti FX-35 that has run on GC since I bought it new, in sometimes brutal cold and heat with no issues. I am NOT recommending this but I thought you would be interested.

If it's the green GC you're good to go, covered like a blanket. Since I can't get GC anymore, I run Edge 0w40 in everything in the corral. It's not a energy conserving oil but I haven't lost any mpg and so far it's been great for my 2 F150 Ecoboost pickups.
Good to hear from you!

Its late, and I've had a couple so maybe my math is funny. You're running 11 year old oil in an 8 year old car? How can that be?

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Its late, and I've had a couple so maybe my math is funny. You're running 11 year old oil in an 8 year old car? How can that be?

He stockpiled the oil back in 2005. Then, later on, he bought the car (eight years ago). He's using that older oil in the newer car.

OVERKILL,

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
He stockpiled the oil back in 2005.

How much did he stockpile and what was the price?
smile.gif

Last edited:
I just bought 75 litres of Total Quartz 9000 Energy 0w-30. At about 4 litres per year, this oil will last me 19 years unless I start making more miles. I'm not worried. 5 euro per litre, and it's a PAO/POE oil.

Even at 11 years old, it's better than a lot of the swill available today.
The GC days... Mc Fly would remark.. "That's heavy Doc."
A fine sauce, good on cranks, and cams!

Originally Posted By: volodymyr
OVERKILL,

smile.gif

I bet I could search and find it
wink.gif
GC was "it" back then on this board.

OVERKILL,

smile.gif

It is great to hear from all of you and thank you for not thinking I am crazy. I had probably 250+ Qts to start (I know I know my wife said the same thing) average price about $5 a qt. Shannow you have never seen anything like little green guys with silver hair!
sick.gif

Last edited:
pscholte,

Originally Posted By: pscholte

It is great to hear from all of you and thank you for not thinking I am crazy. I had probably 250+ Qts to start (I know I know my wife said the same thing) average price about $5 a qt. Shannow you have never seen anything like little green guys with silver hair!
sick.gif

That is a great commitment
smile.gif

pscholte,

sick.gif

That is a great commitment
smile.gif

Volodymyr,

My wife would call it more of an obsession.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I just bought 75 litres of Total Quartz 9000 Energy 0w-30. At about 4 litres per year, this oil will last me 19 years unless I start making more miles. I'm not worried. 5 euro per litre, and it's a PAO/POE oil.

That is a great price

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Even at 11 years old, it's better than a lot of the swill available today.
The GC days... Mc Fly would remark.. "That's heavy Doc."
A fine sauce, good on cranks, and cams!

It has certainly served me well and many others too

That is a great price

hence me stockpiling for the life of the car...

Are you using this in your Alfa? This is a A3/B4 oil but it has only 8.8 TBN? Or did I looked at older PDF and now it's a C3 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back