Dodge Caravan rear washer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Today I decided to see what was wrong with the rear washer fluid for my 2006 Grand Caravan. I confirmed the pump works. I tried blowing air through the hose that runs to the back glass and found out the tube is blocked somewhere. Repeated attempts with the air hose made no difference.

I tried tracing the hose to the back to no avail. It appears it runs through the interior of the van? If I have to remove the headliner or interior panels to replace it, it may not be worth it.

Anyone have any experience with this or ideas for me how to clear the blockage? Has anyone replaced this hose? I am assuming it is the black hose all the way to the back.

Thanks in advance.

Sure the pump isn't clogged? Is the pump making sounds but not really pumping? Did it lose prime?

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Make sure the sprayer isn't what is blocked. Often you can see a buildup of crust on the sprayers and wonder if that is not what is blocked.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did unplug the rubber hose from the sprayer and am unable to get any fluid to come out so the blockage is somewhere between the pump and back glass.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Sure the pump isn't clogged? Is the pump making sounds but not really pumping? Did it lose prime?

Thanks for the suggestion. I unplugged the hose at the pump and pushed the rear washer fluid button inside the van. Lots of fluid came out so I know the pump is good.

I found my problem. I am posting this so if other people have this problem they know where to start. I took apart a lot of things trying to trace the line, and found that there is a check valve in the back. The check valve is plugged. Now the back washer is working but it pours out instead of sprays. Now to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back