Fram tg10575 cut 8k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off my traverse with 78k on it. It has around 8k on it. Olm was down to 4%. Looks decent. The cut in the endcap is from me having a hard time getting my multi tool to get into the can.

Jhellwig - the filter did it's job without any issues. It looks like it is made to order for an OLM drain interval on a Traverse. I would not hesitate to use one on my vehicle. Thanks for the cut and post.

I prefer the Ultra but this looks like you got your moneys worth.
Ain't pretty but did its job.

Seeing how these engines are notorious for being hard on oil and filters, I think it did very good.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
I would go with a higher quality filter next time.

One thing good about Fram, if you want cheap, they'll give you cheap.

You guys are hypocrites. You will say one brand looks like junk because it is a little wavy yet you favorite brand is perfectly fine if it is wavy.

This traverse has been notoriously hard on oil filters. I have posted several ac delco and wix filters that look maybe even worse than this filter. Most of the waviness is from me cutting the can open and getting into the end cap.

And stop saying that an oil filter looks like it has been used as much as it can. Unless it is completely packed with sludge there is no way to tell from a picture on the internet how utilized a filter is.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If it wasn't for the center tube, you good wad that filter up in your fist like a wet paper towel.

Yes just as you could with any other filter. Cellulose tends to do that. Might be why paper towels are made from a similar material.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
You guys are hypocrites. You will say one brand looks like junk because it is a little wavy yet you favorite brand is perfectly fine if it is wavy.

This traverse has been notoriously hard on oil filters. I have posted several ac delco and wix filters that look maybe even worse than this filter. Most of the waviness is from me cutting the can open and getting into the end cap.

And stop saying that an oil filter looks like it has been used as much as it can. Unless it is completely packed with sludge there is no way to tell from a picture on the internet how utilized a filter is.

Can't say much about your filter but those fruit slices sure look GOOD
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Last edited:
Filter looks fine but it does appear to have wider pleat spacing than I am accustomed to seeing in TG's.

Thanks for the cut and post!

Originally Posted By: funflyer

Can't say much about your filter but those fruit slices sure look GOOD
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Filter looks fine but it does appear to have wider pleat spacing than I am accustomed to seeing in TG's.

Thanks for the cut and post!

It is hard to work on the vehicle and not stand there eating fruit slices. Getting my hands oily helps.

Last edited:
Fram ocod has improved in my opinion.. I have been using fram ultras for a while now and am liking them a lot... Believe me i was leery at first but after talking to Jay from fram and of course Zee0six i tried a couple and never went back. As long as fram does not "improve" them like say puro did and the price does not skyrocket i will be using them for a while.

If you can't see it, it has half the amount of media than any filter I have seen. Did you post it to showw off or ask for opinions? You got good opinions because looking at that picture, there's nothing to show off there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lubener

If you can't see it, it has half the amount of media than any filter I have seen. Did you post it to showw off or ask for opinions? You got good opinions because looking at that picture, there's nothing to show off there.

How are you able to tell it is half the media than any other filter if I haven't cut the media off and measured it? It looks just as good as some of the other supposedly better filters I have run on this vehicle. I am actually beginning to show a trend that a lot of why a filter looks the way it does after being used has as much bearing on what engine it was used on as how it was made.

Here is the last filter I took off this vehicle. A Napa gold. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4051609/1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back