'09 Nissan Sentra-Eni i-Sint XL 4AM 5w-30-10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'09 Nissan Sentra
2.0 4 cylinder
Oil type- Eni i-Sint XL 4AM 5w-30-API (SN, ILSAC GF-5)
10k on oil
150k on Engine
0 makeup oil
Fram Toughguard Filter

Blackstone Comments: Silicon is the only element on the high side compared to universal averages. Obviously, abrasive dirt
contamination is the first concern that springs to mind, but wear metals are nice and low this time, so that seems
doubtful. We haven't seen too much of this particular oil, so maybe it uses some silicon as additive, or maybe this is
harmless sealer if any work was done. The viscosity is in the 5W/20 range and the trace of fuel is harmless. The TBN is pretty low at 0.8, so 10,000 miles may be the limit for this oil.

ALUMINUM-5
CHROMIUM-1
IRON-11
COPPER-2
LEAD-2
TIN-0
MOLYBDENUM-87
NICKEL-0
MANGANESE-0
SILVER-0
TITANIUM-0
POTASSIUM-2
BORON-29
SILICON-49
SODIUM-10
CALCIUM-2169
MAGNESIUM-10
PHOSPHORUS-695
ZINC-889
BARIUM-0

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C-54.8
SUS Viscosity @ 210°F-8.72
Flashpoint in °F-380
Fuel %-TR
Antifreeze %-0.0
Water %-0.0
Insolubles %-0.2
TBN-0.8

This car has had high silicon from new, and have never been able to figure out why. Looked at the intake, air cleaner, found nothing, even had a mechanic look at it when the plugs were changed.

Got this oil cheap on Amazon. Next time will just go 7,500 miles. Got a case so have 2 more oil changes worth, or may use the last 4 quarts in my Mini that burns .5 qts per 1k. Went with a Fram Ultra Guard this time.

Also changed the CVT Fluid, had 2.2 quarts of Eneos, and needed two more, so went with 2 quarts of Amsoils' CVT fluid. CVT Fluid was changed at 35k, 70k, 110k, and now at 150k, using all Eneos up until this last blend.

Great car, only problem in 150k is a spot on the exhaust that needed to be re-welded for $40. Still runs like new, and looks it, except for the yellowing headlights.

Last edited:
Did good in the wear department; but seems like you went a bit long - oil is pretty beat up.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Did good in the wear department; but seems like you went a bit long - oil is pretty beat up.

Definitely not a long oci oil. I had great results in this car with cheaper synthetics (for 10k runs), like Formula Shell Synthetic from Costco.

Last edited:
Wear rates is good, despite TBN 0.8 at 10k OCI.No oil thickening though.
No 'harm' done on the engine, serves its purpose well I guess.
blush.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back