new Tundra color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for either silver or white. Low maintenance and hiding minor scratches is important. Toyota white is a single stage with no clearcoat. That worries me some. If the white needs paint repair the paint shops will clear as they don't do single stage. Thinking paint won't match.

If that worries you some, get the silver.

Honestly, I'm not even worried about aluminum F-150s, let alone different paint types. It's not the early 1990s with dealers doing full repaints on trucks where the paint was coming off in chunks. Pickups are produced in huge numbers and are as fixable as it gets. If a certain paint color needs to be treated extra special, maybe it's not a good paint color for a working truck.

Do not get the white if it is indeed Super White single stage. Toyota has LOTS of issues with that color, especially on the late model Tundras.

Both those colors are rear-end accident prone, check on-line the most prominent colors of autos that get rear ended.
Silver being the worst ( my wife has had 5 rear-bumpers replaced), having said that the paints are quite good and do last a long time and absurd nicks/scratches.

It all depends on how nice you want to keep it, remember it is a piece of h/w taking you from ptA to ptB.

Personally, I prefer the silver w/ chrome on the new Tundras. In general I like metallic paints.

Last edited:
In this day and age they are still using single stage paint?! That is very surprising to me and seems sort of cheap even if just one color.

Last edited:
I was told that Super White is not single stage. But I haven't bothered to figure out if true.

Really doesn't matter up here, as Toyota's paint chips too easily.

my 06 is white and no clear. PO never took care of it and the roof is permanently pitted, but not rusting. It's been hit twice, and the body shop paint jobs blend nicely, even though they have clear on them and look quite good - I'd say better than the factory.

Which says, buy something with clear coat. Black and red have the softest pigments IIRC. White and blue IIRC are the most sturdy colors. <- that might be dated, it's been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back