Out with the old, in with the new F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed - its excellent.

To be honest, I test drove both the 2.7 and the 3.5 ecoboost motors. Pretty sure the 3.5 truck had 3.31 gearing versus the 3.55 I ended up with, and to my seat of the pants didn't feel significantly faster or more powerful. I'm sure if I were loaded way up, I'd notice it, but for my needs this is the perfect choice...

I also drove a 2.7 with 3.73 gearing, and didn't feel like I had to have it... 3.55 was fine.

Same dealer has one nearly identical to this one in Ruby Red except with 3.73 gearing and navigation. Was priced about a grand higher...

Love the color, almost got one in Blue Flame myself. I drove both the 2.7 TT and the 5.0 with 3.31 gears and could not tell a lot of difference in performance either way. I took both out and floored them through first and second gears. Would have gotten the 2.7TT if they had one with the equipment I wanted.

Good luck, love mine after 6 weeks.

Wow. I didnt read carefully and thought the old one was the new one, before scrolling down. Cosmetically not bad if you dont look closely. Id say you got your moneys worth out of the old one and a nice upgrade.

Heh - yeah, from a distance the '04 still looked good, and I'm not going to lie, I liked the stance of that generation of truck (other than when I had to reach over the bed sides...) You get the best side of her in that picture - crawl underneath or look close and you'd cringe... Start her up, and then you'd really cringe!

Great looking truck. I love the color.

I have only ridden in one, a 5.0L V8, but I really like the current F-150. I have driven a previous gen 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 and that thing could really get up and go.

Nice Truck! Just make sure you don't drop large sharp stone blocks from 8' above the bed, i hear the bed can't take such abuse...

Congratulations! Very nice truck. I test drove one with the 2.7tt and thought there was plenty of power. Very nice.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Nice! Congrats!

Looking forward to trying this engine in the new Fusion Sport.

Im sure it would be Sportier in a Fusion than an F150.

I love that color on the F-150's! Will be interesting to see how it holds up compared to your old one.

Over $50k sticker price for a truck with 18s and no LED headlights?
crazy.gif

Even $37k is too rich for me.

Last edited:
After shopping the GM, Ram, and Ford lineup, I can state with confidence the same truck in GM trim would sticker around 49k+ as well. Z71+all the other convenience packages to add up to the same as the 302a package don't come for free... Out the door was a similar price or a touch lower. Rams could be had for several thousand less. A similar truck at the same dealership chain (and I may have test driven this one...): http://www.jeffbelzer.com/new/Chevrolet/...9b701a2ab10.htm

FWIW, the tires on the "all terrain package" Chevy are a joke...

20's are an option on the F150 as equipped. About a 1/4 of the similarly equipped trucks within a 100 miles had them. Personally, I think they don't look good, and the big wheels on a 4x4 has never made sense to me.

Would I have liked LED headlights? Sure. A dealbreaker? Not by a longshot...

I could go on and on about what I liked and disliked on all three brands, but that's another story. All very nice trucks, each with their own pluses and minuses...

Last edited:
I can't stomach these prices on trucks. Bought a new 2012 f-150 xlt supercrew for $29k OTD in August 2012. If I ever get a newer body style, it would have to be a couple of years old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_A_G
I can't stomach these prices on trucks. Bought a new 2012 f-150 xlt supercrew for $29k OTD in August 2012. If I ever get a newer body style, it would have to be a couple of years old.

double post-couldn't delete

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: A_A_G

Same here-Cant believe new truck prices. I purchased a 2011 Silverado-Crew Cab with the All Star package, LT-1 equipment pkg.,towing pkg. brand new for $26,000.00 towards Memorial Day of 2011.

And with the discounts right now of $10,000 to 12,000 off it would seem they are still making money on the trucks. Major profit centers...those trucks!

Last edited:
Looking around, looks like a Supercrew F150 4x4 XLT could be had around 33.5 based on whats on dealer lots at the moment.

If you want sticker shock, try pricing out used trucks... Gulped hard at the final price I paid, but other than the money up front, but in the end I was convinced on a per mile basis + better fuel mileage new was the right choice for my situation...

MNgopher-It's very hard to determine what any vehicle will sell for until you have your checkbook opened.

It's amazing with "advertised specials" how they are always "just sold" or they are "one only".etc.

Published prices IMHO no matter what the source are useless until you go through the buying process.

My son just bought a new car in California. The "true-car" price was laughed at with several dealers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back