Engage ABS occasionaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of people doing this on gravel roads before changing the brake fluid. This way the dirty fluid in the ABS system that usually doesn't mix with the rest of the fluid also gets flushed out.

Last edited:
I drove around with a broken left front axle tone ring for a while. And I got to experience quite a few ABS shudders until I got to disconnecting the ABS power supply.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I've heard of people doing this on gravel roads before changing the brake fluid. This way the dirty fluid in the ABS system that usually doesn't mix with the rest of the fluid also gets flushed out.

Yah, something like that

Originally Posted By: mclasser
I've changed out some mid '90s Ford ABS pumps before. They are a flow through design and only when activated do they close off the normally open lines. So there really is no brake fluid per say in the ABS pump that needs cycled.

Originally Posted By: Jeff_in_VABch
Ignore it and maybe it will go away.

The general public's answer to some stuff. How it finally showed up here I dunno?

Kind of like when a passenger rides with you and asks whst is that blaring sound and you say 'it hasnt blown up yet'.

I know on some all wheel drive gm vehicles there is a charge pump in addition to the abs pump and it all cycles when the vehicle is started.

On the first gm trucks with four wheel abs to bleed them best you needed gms tech tool to cycle the abs unit. Most people bleed them, go drive and activate the abs a few times then bleed them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back