Scratched wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make it look better than it currently does with some Meguiars ScratchX or Ultimate Compound at Walmart for around $10. It won't get it all out but will improve the appearance. Plus you can use the scratch remover when you receive scratches on the paint.

Also a reman wheel at RockAuto was about the same price as having mine fixed. In my case it was wheels for my Jeep that were corroded from salt getting behind the clear coat.

If that's the only scratch on the wheel, I would live with it. I had all 4 wheels repaired on the Corolla, but the wife has already started replacing the scratches... For the repair, they pretty much just feather edge the scratches and repaint. Turns out nice.

Well it's about $95 to fix it or $134 for a new one. , I'm trying to decide if I want to fix it or upgrade to the optional 17 inch wheels that came on the Malibu for about 450 to $500 dollars.

Ummmm, usually owners that have cars with the polished alloys have the scratches professionally done. But with painted wheels they are like removing scratches from paint. Ten dollars at Walmart for some Meguiars Ultimate Compound. If you stop by a detail shop they will probably remove for you for $20. Pat you on the butt and send you on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back