Purolator 10111 Cut Open- Red Can- NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

Fantastic post! However, not for the issue you might have been thinking.

Actually this is a big "hurt" to those tear deniers. Much of the early resistance was claiming that the person opening the filter was creating the tears. A lot of those who did open the filters noted it was very difficult to cut at the tear location and cited that the metal end-cap would receive the worst of it in the event that there is a wonky cut. You kinda just proved that. Look at how far down that cut was made to damage the endcap. You really have to get a cut 20% below the baseplate to reach the media. Even botched (sorry, still an extremely useful post, millions of thanks) opening attempts will not create the tears that we witnessed.

Totally agree with you FutureDoc. I slashed that can up and im suprised i didnt do any damage. I think purolator finally fixed the tearing with the new cans. Its to bad that they never came out and excepted fault.

FordBroncoVWJeta - Actually, this filter does not look to bad. Pleats are even and nothing is out of order. Hopefully it will live up to the 5000 mile manufacturer recommendation.

I appreciate that you took the time an effort to make the cut & post. They get easier with practice.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Thank you for your cut and post I will stick with the quality Fram Ultras for now..

Fram Ultras are a high quality filter for sure, Fram's top filter in their filter lineup. To be fair, these should be compared with Fram's orange can, their bottom tier filter, because that is what the red can is for Purolator, their bottom filter.

I think it looks pretty good, construction wise, for their basic filter.

The Frams Ultras should be compared to the Boss filters for a good comparison.

Last edited:
Thanks for the cut and post. It looks fine to me.

For the Aussie guys, the Purolator L10111 is the same as a Z154, so suitable for many Holden 3.8L V6 engines.

Originally Posted By: peejaycruiser
But would you trust one?

I would not throw caution to the wind.

Consider how a sniper works up a new load when any part of the cartridge is changed.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back