Protectant 303 vs. Wax on fiberglass surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what your thoughts are on using Protectant 303 vs. waxing on a motorhome (fiberglass)? I have been waxing the truck part and using Protectant 303 on the fiberglass and decals. Should I be using something else on the fiberglass and decals? Thanks.

This stuff is excellent for not only protecting fiberglass but cleaning it as well. Here's a professional detailer from here using it on a car:

I've heard that 303 doesn't last at all if ever in rain? Thought it was more an indoor type protection than outdoor.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
This stuff is excellent for not only protecting fiberglass but cleaning it as well. Here's a professional detailer from here using it on a car:

Sorry, I meant to link a thread I was looking for but the computer froze up. Duragloss #501 is made for fiberglass cleaning and protection. It can be used on cars as well. Here is the thread I meant to reference earlier.

I would never use a protectant on decals,it'll dry rot them. Instead use a good spray wax to protect them. I'm not a fan of using protectants on the exterior.

Yeah 303 is basically a silicone dilution if I understand it correctly. It may be good for a one-time application but is offering little protection to a non-porous surface like that. Sealant or wax is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back