which kind of vinegar to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since BITOG always has someone that really knows about anything asked, here is today's question. I have been told that vinegar can clean, and also reduce rust on metal, such as cars and chassis. However, I see jugs of vinegar, and, for more money, cleaning vinegar. Whats the difference in performance? I assume the cleaning vinegar is not to drink? And, is spraying vinegar really useful in re reducing or neutralizing rust? A spray bottle full is cheap and easy to use. Also, anyone use it for health reasons, such as diabetes? Thoughts? Thanks!

So weird you brought this up. I use it for cleaning our tile floors and just yesterday, to get rid of bees trying build a bivouac in our outdoor wall. Plugged the hole and began spraying the stragglers looking for another way in. It worked like a charm.

I use white vinegar to remove rust. Rinse after with soap and water to neutralize the acid in vinegar. To convert the rust instead of removing it use tannic acid. As for strength look on the label for percentage vinager/acetic acid. For health I have read that people use apple cider vinegar.

You can get 20% vinegar at feed stores, mix it with a little dish soap and it will clean soap scum off shower glass better than any caustic cleaners. Also the same mixture is a great non-toxic grass and weed killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back