0% ethanol gas please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
petro canada used to have it but not anymore!i dont want my car to rust away because of this new bad gas

While I would like to get it for my small engines, I think modern cars are designed with at least 10% ethanol in mind.

Don't know about Canada, or other US states for that matter. But here in NY state (or at least the NYC metro area) regulations mandate that 10% ethanol be added to gasoline. It is not possible to purchase 0% ethanol, or pure gasoline. Period.

Last edited:
Shell 91 is a non ethanol gas available in Ontario. I guess same for Quebec

Last edited:
Shell 91 is the only one advertised at the pump as 0 ethanol as far as I know.

I know a lot of other stations claim to be no ethanol, but if it's not written at the pump I don't trust it.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Shell 91 is the only one advertised at the pump as 0 ethanol as far as I know.

Wow, I wish it was like that in the US.

Canadian Tire also sells ethanol free gas in Ontario, and Costco, so if you have those locations in Quebec check it out. Keep in mind it's only on their premium grade though, nobody sells ethanol free 87 octane up here to the best of my knowledge.

That's 70's thinking. Ethanol will clean the varnish though you'd end up needing to change the fuel filter earlier.

Use SeaFoam to stabilize your ethanol gas. I just got a ATV out, it sat over a year with gas treated with SeaFoam, ethanol. I drained the gas, but didn't touch the carb. Gas looked good, I dumped it in my company trucks. ATV fired right up. That wasn't the case before SeaFoam. The brass pieces in the carb would corrode shut. Iam a true believer in Sea Foam after that. The

I am shocked Canada went down the road of stupid like the US and is using their food supply to dilute gas with ethanol. I do wish I could get some 91 octane ethanol free here in my home town at Shell. I can get ethanol free 87 just fine at one station. It is the 91 octane that I have trouble finding. I like to run ethanol free in all my small engines. They just run better. Recent mower purchase surprised me by needing 91 octane. I can get a 90 octane ethanol free at a station across town so I am using it. So I will be buying a 5 gallon can full of that at the beginning of each summer for my small engines. I pour in a ounce of MMO and fuel up my small engines with that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
petro canada used to have it but not anymore!i dont want my car to rust away because of this new bad gas

It won't. Your gas tank is plastic. Your fuel lines are rubber and designed for 10% Ethanol. Nothing to fear, even in small engines.

You could always make your own by combining E10 with just enough water to phase out the alcohol.

Trick is, what octane rating do you need to buy in order to end up with a minimum rating? Since ethanol helps to achieve the octane rating, removing it means the resulting fuel is less knock resistant.

Ive run 10% in all my small engines for years. Never had even 1 problem that I can relate to gas. Generator starts every time.Even with 6 month old gas. Lawn mower 1 or 2 pulls in the spring on last years gas.Snow blower same thing starts right up with the gas I put in in the previous winter. I put a little stable in it that's all. From what I here Stabil is bad also and so is 10%. I dont know maybe Ive been lucky every year for 10+ years or maybe everyone that worries about is just wrong. Whats the need for the pure (if there is such a thing)gas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back