Luber Finer cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Have never heard of this company. It came off my father in laws 2003 Corolla. He asked me if I can change the oil.
It only drives 50km a week. I asked him when he changed it last he said he doesn't remember and then said probably when he bought a matrix in 2013. The filter was in place for 3 years and unknown mileage.

A Champ Labs/(Fram) made jobber tier filter. Can surf the pleat wave, but as long as no tears, no biggie. No disrespect to FIL intended, thinking not a big maintenance guy or bitog member/reader. lol

Nice of you to pull the maintenance duty. What filter you use as replacement?

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
A Champ Labs/(Fram) jobber tier brand filter. Can surf the pleat wave, but as long as no tears, no biggie. No disrespect to FIL intended, thinking not a big maintenance guy or bitog member/reader. lol

Nice of you to pull the maintenance duty. What filter you use as replacement?

Thanks for pics.

OEM

Aww come on Merk, three years unknown miles on a bottom tier/jobber filter. Pleats aesthetics aside, all things considered not much here to complain about. Basically it's the old WM Super Tech ST4967 with a Luber Finer label.

Originally Posted By: Tech819
I've Have never heard of this company.

They made their fame and fortune off of large applications, such as over-the-road, farm and off road. Those filters are usually pretty good.
Then I guess they then had to pimp out their name and they then made the move to the automotive division, where the country of origin, specs, factory location and the quality is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back