Drivers

1. Nico Rosberg 141
2. Lewis Hamilton 117
3. Sebastian Vettel 96
Constructors
1. Mercedes 258
2. Ferrari 177
3. Red Bull 140

For more, including track data and video, check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

RED_BULL_RING.jpg

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Finally, Nico is showing his form.

If by "showing his form" you mean driving the fastest car and mostly not crashing when it's dry.
wink.gif
Not so good in the wet.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Finally, Nico is showing his form.

If by "showing his form" you mean driving the fastest car and mostly not crashing when it's dry.
wink.gif
Not so good in the wet.

Nico does seem to be affected alot if something isn't right with the car. I'd really just like to see Nico and Lewis race each other clean for a few races. They both seem too aggressive and punt the other one off given half a chance.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
When we see them race each other Lewis usually prevails.

I know what you mean...but.
Does Canada count or would that be another race where Hamilton forced Nico off the track?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I'd really just like to see Nico and Lewis race each other clean for a few races. They both seem too aggressive and punt the other one off given half a chance.

Mercedes could do a three car team and get Pastor behind the wheel, and really liven things up.
wink.gif

That was an interesting qualifying session. I like how the current drivers want the curbs shaved or taken out, while the drivers in Mansell's generation seem to agree that the curbs are there for a reason.

Nico,Nico,Nico...Didn't you ever listen to The Gambler by Kenny Rodgers?

You got to know when to hold'em..know when to fold'em...well you know the rest.

The video clearly showed Hamilton passing Rosberg after the yellow light came on. With that said, the rules state you can pass on yellow if the car in front of you is damaged and too slow. Two others did as well, so I doubt they'll disqualify the win. Especially if the officials are "investigating" that he, (Rosberg), continued on with a damaged car. Which in itself is complete nonsense. What's the guy supposed to do, pull over and stop, and throw away a 4th place finish in the process? That's ridiculous. Guys drive around with smashed up wings wedged underneath the car all the time until they can make it into the pits.

Originally Posted By: billt460
The video clearly showed Hamilton passing Rosberg after the yellow light came on. With that said, the rules state you can pass on yellow if the car in front of you is damaged and too slow. Two others did as well, so I doubt they'll disqualify the win. Especially if the officials are "investigating" that he, (Rosberg), continued on with a damaged car. Which in itself is complete nonsense. What's the guy supposed to do, pull over and stop, and throw away a 4th place finish in the process? That's ridiculous. Guys drive around with smashed up wings wedged underneath the car all the time until they can make it into the pits.

It's a stricken car - you can pass it if it is the reason for the yellow. The investigation is done - Rosberg has been handed a reprimand for driving the car in its damaged condition; there's a difference between limping back to the pits and carrying on racing. He was still racing because he drove past the pits with his wrecked car to get to the finish line. Regulations exist to protect drivers and anyone else in the firing line from cars that are dangerously damaged (which his was, since the traction he would have had would have been significantly reduced and significantly large parts could have come off or away from the car at any time). He has also been given a time penalty for causing the collision in the first place (although this does not affect the result).

Maybe he should stop trying different ways to punt Hamilton off and try simply driving faster than him so he doesn't have to.

Originally Posted By: weasley
Maybe he should stop trying different ways to punt Hamilton off and try simply driving faster than him so he doesn't have to.

He's just "returning the favor" that Hamilton has done to him several times. At the U.S. Grand Prix was one of the most recent. And the reprimand was nonsense. There isn't a driver in that entire field that would have pitted on the last lap, instead of crossing the finish line under identical circumstances. To do so would have thrown his race away, along with any points. No driver in world championship contention would be stupid enough to do that.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: Garak

Mercedes could do a three car team and get Pastor behind the wheel, and really liven things up.
wink.gif

You know, I don't miss him at all.

I was being facetious, given the Mercedes "incidents" over the past couple years. Now, we had another one. Pastor could really liven things up and show them how to really cause an incident. At the very least, if it were three car teams and Pastor was one of them, that could take some pressure off of Lewis and Nico.
wink.gif
As I mentioned before, have a special front wing for Pastor, a cow catcher, and he's in business when someone gets in the way.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I was being facetious, given the Mercedes "incidents" over the past couple years.

Yeah, I knew that. It had just occurred to me that even without him present this season has been carnage.

Nico should have been thinking "championship points" before he forced Hamilton wide in that turn. But the season is only halfway done, and Lewis is closing on him. He can't keep crashing both of them out the race for the rest of the season in order to maintain his points lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back