Atlas Copco Roto-Xtend Rotary Screw Comp Oil VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlas Copco Roto-Xtend ISO 46 VOA. Line #3 on test is this virgin oil sample. It did not run for 1 hour as stated on test, they do not have a "0" hour setting.

You've filled up the 'Recent Topic' threads, which are the only thing I care to look at, with VOA's that I don't care to look at. Guess I'll go to bed.

This oil is over $100 a gallon from the manufacture $520 for a 5 gallon pail. Just choked full of a fantastic add-pack for the money.

No, it is a PAO. Notice my sarcasm on that nice add-pack it has? Of course, we don't see what's behind the scene so to speak as far as there are other add-pack additives that are not being "scanned" for. But that too is said for the Schaeffer oil too, and was told to me by one of their oil engineers. "We have more anti-wear additives that we stick in that does not show up on the OA tests".

Even though we all have the Magnuson–Moss act, I want to get this OEM oil out of my machines after the warranty period. Because of cost, what appears to be a minimalist add-pack and I have seen quite a bit of varnishing on the filler cap on our oldest machine with 21,000 hours. The next machine has 8,000 hours on it and it is going out of warranty in 3 months. Our newest machine (the dirty tank) has 1.5 years left. That has a mini reservoir so I will not go to 8,000 hour mark on that oil. I will change it out at 4,000. I can't have any feet dragging by Atlas Copco with our machines as far as warranty. And everyone except has had oil system based warranty issues. One and the newest had high nickel as seen on this test above when there is ZERO nickel in the oil. It started to progress so I demanded a flush and filter change. Found out 5 OA tests and 2 ferrography tests later to be a dirty reservoir tank (hypothesis).

This here is not related to this post. I have sent a private message to member ISO5500 and it appears he has not visited here in a bit. Does anyone know how to reach him by an email?

Originally Posted By: Mainia
No, it is a PAO. Notice my sarcasm on that nice add-pack it has? Of course, we don't see what's behind the scene so to speak as far as there are other add-pack additives that are not being "scanned" for. But that too is said for the Schaeffer oil too, and was told to me by one of their oil engineers. "We have more anti-wear additives that we stick in that does not show up on the OA tests".

Even though we all have the Magnuson–Moss act, I want to get this OEM oil out of my machines after the warranty period. Because of cost, what appears to be a minimalist add-pack and I have seen quite a bit of varnishing on the filler cap on our oldest machine with 21,000 hours. The next machine has 8,000 hours on it and it is going out of warranty in 3 months. Our newest machine (the dirty tank) has 1.5 years left. That has a mini reservoir so I will not go to 8,000 hour mark on that oil. I will change it out at 4,000. I can't have any feet dragging by Atlas Copco with our machines as far as warranty. And everyone except has had oil system based warranty issues. One and the newest had high nickel as seen on this test above when there is ZERO nickel in the oil. It started to progress so I demanded a flush and filter change. Found out 5 OA tests and 2 ferrography tests later to be a dirty reservoir tank (hypothesis).

This here is not related to this post. I have sent a private message to member ISO5500 and it appears he has not visited here in a bit. Does anyone know how to reach him by an email?

Do you have a UOA for this oil?
Which compressor do you have? And what issues have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back