"Global" antifreeze - contains EHA/2EHA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stuck some of this in my car (1999 Toyota) after a flush, since it was in the garage and available at the time:

http://www.recochem.com/products/turbo_power_coolants/global_extended_life

The selection guide says it is good for "Asian" cars.

I have since learned the evils of EHA/2EHA containing coolants, and was wondering if anyone knows if this contains it. I have emailed the manufacturer as the website/bottle is no help.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Every time I see 'Good for Asians' in the parts department I'm shocked it has survived the newly mandated PC filter.

Originally Posted By: Jonzobot
Yes, i saw a thread or 2 about Recochems OEM products. I wonder if this Global stuff is the same formula.

Without a Data sheet or other authoritative indication, really difficult to say with 100% certainty if it contains 2eha or not. Otoh, Peak Global Lifetime specifically says no 2eha.

I looked at all the info I could find on topic AF and saw no definitive answer. I don't think one can assume that because it has the term 'global' in the AF name, it doesn't contain 2eha. So kind of a roll of the dice. Your call.

Update: For posterity and for others asking the same question, I received this from the manufacturer:

"Hi [name redacted] - this particular product and all Turbo Power coolants do not contain 2-EHA or related material. Recochem uses other extended life corrosion inhibitor technology."

So good news for me
smile.gif

Good to know as I have contacted them last year on the tech line , they gave me a # to someone higher up who never returned my call. I wanted to know if their Toyota Pink was phosphated and not a All Makes all Models coolant.

Update: For posterity and for others asking the same question, I received this from the manufacturer:

"Hi [name redacted] - this particular product and all Turbo Power coolants do not contain 2-EHA or related material. Recochem uses other extended life corrosion inhibitor technology."

Interesting. So even the TurboPower Extended Life Orange saying it can be used in GM specing DexCool has no 2eha. Makes me wonder what the difference is between it and the topic AF. Looking at the AF chart says both can be used in Asian applications.

Pep Boys OEM brand Asian concentrate is definitely a LL Asian PHOAT, no 2eha, just pick your tint to match the oem.

Anyway yes, good news for you.

I see what you mean. There look to be some small, minor differences (reserve alkalinity and reserve percentage) and what appears to be small differences in metal loss for aluminum and solder. But I'm not sure why they would say one is not appropriate for Chrylser, for example, when the other is. What makes Chrysler special in that regard I wonder?

. But I'm not sure why they would say one is not appropriate for Chrylser, for example, when the other is. What makes Chrysler special in that regard I wonder?

Likely because Chrysler oem 'orange' is not Dex like GM, it's G-05. So whatever is in Extended Life, not compatible or spec'd for G05 systems. And the earlier Chrysler Green would in all likelihood be Convention/Original Green.

What's weird though is the EL is listed ok for Ford Orig Green apps but not Chrysler OG apps.

I stuck some of this in my car (1999 Toyota) after a flush, since it was in the garage and available at the time:

http://www.recochem.com/products/turbo_power_coolants/global_extended_life

The selection guide says it is good for "Asian" cars.

I have since learned the evils of EHA/2EHA containing coolants, and was wondering if anyone knows if this contains it. I have emailed the manufacturer as the website/bottle is no help.

Thanks all!

This is what I got. HTH.

Quote:

Subject: RE: Recochem Website Contact Form - Canada
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:24:16 +0000
To: Me
CC: DoCouto, Nelia (TOR)

We thank you for your inquiry. With regards to 2-EHA, none of our formulas employ this acid as there has been significant research highlighting elastomer issues not to mention environmental and performance concerns.

Our Global product is in fact an OAT. As for other Extended Life Coolants, we have OAT, HOAT (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology) and LOAT (Low (inorganic) Organic Acid Technology - if that makes sense.

So it depends on the specific product that you refer to.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact us for more clarification.

Best Regards,

Dio Mastrodomenico
Director - Automotive and Heavy Duty
Tel: (514) 341-3274 ext. 2430
Recochem Inc.
850 Montée de Liesse
Montréal, QC
H4T 1P4

Quote:

Subject: RE: Recochem Website Contact Form - Canada
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:57:45 +0000
To: Me
CC: DoCouto, Nelia (TOR)

Unlike other DexCool approved products, our product does not include 2-EHA.

Best Regards,

Dio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back