Pass Word Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried logging in today with my saved password, and it would not allow access. I checked to make sure the password was correct, and I found the one listed in my password log on the computer to be completely different than what it is supposed to be!

I emailed for a new password and was able to sign in. I then went to my profile and saw the incorrect password listed there. I deleted it and put in a new password. I hit submit and I can log in with my newly created password that was sent to me. However, the invalid fake password keeps showing up in my profile as the password, and the new one I use does not stay in my profile.

Problems with my account?

Originally Posted By: ls973800
I then went to my profile and saw the incorrect password listed there.

How did you see it? The profile doesn't show you the password in clear text. It's obfuscated, at least in my view.

My original password had six or seven characters, the new one sent by the forum had seven. The one listed on my profile that I have tried to change repeatedly has 18!

That's just a generic "obfuscated password" for lack of a better word. It doesn't list how many characters are in your password.

I have the same fake long password written in the logbox, too. And it doesn't work at least for me. I changed it, but it keeps scrpting back, I have to delete and substitute. What is it? Strange.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ls973800
My original password had six or seven characters, the new one sent by the forum had seven. The one listed on my profile that I have tried to change repeatedly has 18!

It always shows 18 dots, regardless how long your actual password is. Its part of the obfuscation.

OK, so the password that shows under my profile still has the 18 dots like I mentioned. I have tried to change my password to one that only has 7 dots. Each dot is a number, character, or letter.

When I change my password, the new 7 dot password does not show up under my profile. Only the 18 dot one, and I have tried at least 10 times to change it. Yesterday when I first noticed this I checked my saved passwords using the log that is in Firefox under Security. The 18 dot password was shown there and it had a string of 18 numbers instead of the dots.

My new 7 character password does show on the Firefox Security log now since I have changed it, but the 18 dot one is still showing in my profile and can not be removed or shortened to the 7 one now.

So is this normal? Why did the 18 dot one show as the real password yesterday in my Firefox Security log?

Nothing to worry about?

I don't know, maybe ask a moderator, I'm outta here.
50.gif
02.gif
24.gif
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Pontual
50.gif
02.gif
24.gif
48.gif

Pontual, you need to use the password, "MolaKuleIZRight!!"
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Pontual
50.gif
02.gif
24.gif
48.gif

Pontual, you need to use the password, "MolaKuleIZRight!!"
lol.gif

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back