Valvoline Maxlife FULL Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: lukejo
Well, I'm going to switch from M1HM to another HM in one car. So, it will either be PPHM or Maxlife full-syn--(5w-30)--I know both are still overkill for my app, but curious about the V (don't see much data) and why it's not talked about the way PP is.

I have used Maxlife semi syn and the full syn. Both very good oils but I ended up going with M1 HM and that has been a better oil for me. Why not stay with the M1 HM?

I love M1HM, but this one car is leaking at multiple points progressively worse. I'm not concerned about it, but just thought I'd give another formula a shot. I want to stick with full syn...and read that PPHM is pretty thin comparatively. So really just made me curious on the ML-FS and how it stacks up to the big two.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I am thinking about trying Maxlife full syn in my Jag V12. I am currently using 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0W40... No leaks and i want to keep it that way. Lol. It runs great but would like to try something else. Hopefully Maxlife full syn comes in 5W40...

Maxlfe ful-syn has 10W40 but not 5W40.

Thanks. I may try that in the V12.

I read a lot of good things about Maxlife (syn-blend) when it comes to oil burners and leakers. But, I'm wondering how the full syn version of maxlife stacks up against oils like PPHM overall....not just in seal treatment. (There sure doesn't seem to be much of a following on here as compared to PP and M1...unless we're talking burner/leaker/seeper.)

Because it wasn't widely available for a long time. Wal-Mart started carrying it in jugs and it's a bit more popular now. I have used it in my Opel and it was the same as any other HM oil...

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Maxlife Full Synthetic is at the top of the viscosity index and Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage is the the bottom of the viscosity index. PPHM is actually more thin than regular PP.

We have PPHM 5w30 running in a Tacoma 3.4L and a CX-9 3.7L right now and both seem fine in 100°f climbing the foothills where we live. No oil loss during the current OCI's.

Well, How does FULL SYN Maxlife compare to M1HM in thickness? ....in 10w30?

Mobil 1 is thicker at 11.7 cst vs. 10.9 cst for MaxLife Syn 10W-30...

I am thinking about trying Maxlife full syn in my Jag V12. I am currently using 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0W40... No leaks and i want to keep it that way. Lol. It runs great but would like to try something else. Hopefully Maxlife full syn comes in 5W40...

Actually ML does come in a 5W-40, but only in Europe...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2694510

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

Actually ML does come in a 5W-40, but only in Europe...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2694510

I didn't post very clearly that 5W40 isn't available in US. I just pay attention to which brand/type/grade available in US, not in Europe because importing oil by yourself is too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back