Erdogan apologizes to Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Vladimir Putin through his spokesperson Dmitry Peskov, unveiled yesterday to have received a letter with which the Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan apologizes expressing grief for the death of the Russian pilot Oleg Peshkov.

http://www.avionews.com/index.php?corpo=...mante=index.php

he didn't apologize for shooting down the Russian SU-24, though, or did he?

That's supposedly what the "apology" was intended for, months after ties between the two countries were severed and he made an absolute fool of himself. Erdogan has no place "leading" Turkey, once a secular republic that's now alarmingly becoming more autocratic and Islamic. As Putin put it, Ataturk is rolling in his grave over Erdogan's support to Islamist terrorists.

Apologized for the death of the pilot. Not for shooting down the plane. And no suggestion of compensation of damages. So far, Erdogan has removed Davutoglu (who gave the order to shoot down the plane) and has apologized to the pilot's family. Russia has lifted the ban on tourism provided that Turkey can guarantee the safety of the Russian tourists.

You can see the explosions at the airport as a response to the de-straining of the relations between the two countries.

Even though I am not a fan of him, he apologized to the pilot's family because it was a HUGE mistake.

He didn't apologize for shooting down the Russian jet, which he shouldn't. They violated the Turkish airspace (not the first time), and Russia occasionally violates the other European countries' airspaces as well. So, they got what they deserve. HOWEVER, they should have saved the pilot's life.

He apologized to the family. It goes way back in Turkish culture. What he didn't apologized for says more: you come again - you get the same. Both clowns are into reconstructing their old Empires and self-proclaimed "spheres of influence". At least, he has balls.. Everybody else is playing Chamberlaine, appeasing the bully

No other country would have the balls to shoot down a Russian jet. I doubt even the US would shoot down a Russian jet that intruded a mile or so into US airspace.

The only way to enforce boundaries, is to ENFORCE BOUNDARIES.

Turkey violates the neighboring countries' airspace all the time. They use NATO article article 5 as a shield.

As for Turkish culture about apologies. They've genocided Greeks and Armenians and not only didn't apologize, they even deny responsibility.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Turkey violates the neighboring countries' airspace all the time. They use NATO article article 5 as a shield

Can you elaborate how they use article 5 as a shield? It doesn't make sense at all. I hope you read Article 5 before commenting here.

Turkey doesn't violate the neighboring countries airspace except Syria and Iraq nowadays, which are two failed states and there is a war in that region. If you think that it's a violation, then all countries violate those two countries' airspace.

Greece claims that Turkey violates their airspace because Greece illegally claims 10 mile nautical airspace instead of 6 (Turkey claims 6 mile and wants to keep it at 6 miles for both sides). So if you think it is a "violation", you need to get over it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegean_dispute

@dgunay, you confirmed Turkish violations of 3 sovereign countries' airspace. Here is the fourth one.

Turkey is the most unpleasant neighbor imaginable. If their aircraft were shot down each time they violated someone's airspace, they wouldn't have an air force left
lol.gif

http://asbarez.com/140861/armenia-urges-nato-to-investigate-turkeys-violation-of-armenian-airspace/

NATO Article 5 is for collective defense.

I feel your pain, Alfred_B.

You can't use Article 5 as a shield unless if another country declares war on a Nato country. So please get your facts straight.

P.S. Nato countries can refuse to get involved. So it's not really a shield or something that you would rely on.

Turkey violates the neighboring countries' airspace all the time. They use NATO article article 5 as a shield.

As for Turkish culture about apologies. They've genocided Greeks and Armenians and not only didn't apologize, they even deny responsibility.

All true. Remember it was the seat of the Ottoman Empire, a huge threat to Christian Europe.
Today Turkey is a gateway for hordes of muslim invaders entering Europe.

Originally Posted By: dgunay

You can't use Article 5 as a shield unless if another country declares war on a Nato country. So please get your facts straight.

Article 5 was invoked for the 9/11 attacks and for the Ukraine crisis. Neither of these cases were when war was declared on a NATO country. I believe the true intent for the shooting down of the Russian plane was to provoke a military response from Russia and invoke Article 5 as a result. Didn't happen, instead Turkey is getting its butt kicked economically.

I believe the true intent for the shooting down of the Russian plane was to provoke a military response from Russia and invoke Article 5 as a result. Didn't happen, instead Turkey is getting its butt kicked economically.

Never a bad thing. It seems to me that the US is constantly on the wrong side these days.
Turkey is a bastion of filth and corruption as well.

Originally Posted By: dgunay

Article 5 was invoked for the 9/11 attacks and for the Ukraine crisis. Neither of these cases were when war was declared on a NATO country. I believe the true intent for the shooting down of the Russian plane was to provoke a military response from Russia and invoke Article 5 as a result. Didn't happen, instead Turkey is getting its butt kicked economically.

I think Turkey wasn't even aware that was a Russian fighter jet. Syrian Air force has SU-24s as well. Remember, it's not Black sea, we are talking about a Russian fighter jet in Syria.

Syria shot down Turkish jet in 2012, and Turkey changed the engagement rules in the Syrian border afterwards. So anything that comes from Syrian border is a potential threat according to them, so there is no tolerance for any kind of violation.

I think Turkey wouldn't have shot down if same thing happened in Black sea, or if that was an SU-34 since SAF doesn't have that, so they would have known that it's a Russian jet. Just my $.02.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Never a bad thing. It seems to me that the US is constantly on the wrong side these days.
Turkey is a bastion of filth and corruption as well.

You hate the Turks, we get it. Maybe you should find more useful content to share instead of spreading your hatred towards a nation, huh?

Erdogan is taking Turkey backwards. He's actually a little like Putin. He's not good for his people and the EU probably wish they hadn't gotten involved with Turkey. I'm sure NATO aren't too impressed either.

The only good thing (for us) is that the Erdogan / Putin animosity has been sown and will likely last. Erdogan is a nice distraction for Putin to deal with.

Not only does the apology seem sincere and complete, Putin lifted the ban on Russian tourists and Turkey opens Inçirlik airbase to them....

Yes, that's right. American and Russian planes possibly on the same airfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back