use for your old obsolete tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a thought...several people have older tablets that work but are replaced by newer, better, units. You can convert one into a "police radio". This actually is a guy - or more - that has police radio and antenna that feeds into the internet and to your tablet.android application. ALSO, CNET suggests convert to digital clock, OR convert to weather station. I am listening to a police chase in Indianapolis in background, but sometimes listen to Australian Police. Sounds same only different. Probably everybody knew this already.

just a thought for your old 10 dollar tablet that works but not useful.

Just FYI the way I understand it desktop computers dropped in demand because laptops got better and cheaper, then laptops dropped in demand as tablets got more popular, NOW tablet demand is dropping super fast as people prefer a super smartphone, which in turn is getting cheaper. I am seeing name brand tablets with windows and wi-fi for around $100, and the cheap kindle fire is often $39 (8 gig) and the 32 gig SD card for it is $10. I don't know what that makes an elderly single core brand x tablet at the pawn shop, but it sure ain't much. Moral is: whatever they are charging it may be too much. Shop around!

If you happen to have an old iPad, you can load Emerald Sequoia's Observatory onto it and set it on your desk. Very cool! Unfortunately, there's no Android version.

Observatory-1-full.png

Wish I had a watch with the main dial!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
If you happen to have an old iPad, you can load Emerald Sequoia's Observatory onto it and set it on your desk. Very cool! Unfortunately, there's no Android version.

Observatory-1-full.png

Wish I had a watch with the main dial!

OK, that is cool. Thanks.

Indeed! It was written soon after the iPad came out. As an astronomer, I was just amazed how much info. they beautifully displayed. Rather stunning to look at.

I may pick-up a used/cheap iPad just to run that program, now that there's a nice used market.

I use an old Ipad to stream radio stations.

We no longer have a computer in the house, just tablets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back