No injector pulse, '92 Prelude, F20B, GSR ECM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine is really stumped with his car after a motor swap. Wondering if any of the Honda fluent folks might have an idea. Car is a 1992 Honda Prelude that had a GT28R turbo on it. He money shifted and mechanically over rev'd the H22A in the car. This season he has swapped a F20B out of a Euro-spec Accord into the car. Currently the engine will not start.

Starter will turn over, has spark, but no injector pulse. Have tried a different ECM in the car and have tried his ECM in another vehicle (started the other car without a problem). A different ECM didn't start the Prelude. ECM currently in the Prelude is out of an Integra GSR, OBDI. Have tried two new distributors as original one did not have spark. There is power at the injectors, and have verified continuity between each injector and the ECM. We have fuel pressure as there is a gauge on his rail and it indicates pressure. Was able to get it to pop and spit with some ether.

Pretty sure we have all of the grounds connected too. Trying to figure out why we don't have injector pulse. Thanks.

I'm not a big honda dude. But you are going to have a sensor that recognizes engine motion and synchronizes the injectors. Either ignition module in the dizzy, cam position sensor or even possibly crank sensor. Without this the injectors won't fire.

The distributor is likely to be installed 180 degrees out of position and it is firing out of order. Only way to verify injector pulse is with one removed from the motor or a pulse test light. Unlikely all 4 injectors are clogged unless injectors sat for years with varnished fuel inside.

Wild, wild guess but lacking other insight into the quality of the swap, have you checked the PGM-FI main relay? I would check the injectors with a noid light as someone mentioned, just to see what is going on...

Last edited:
Honda uses a resistor to operate low impedance injectors in some models. I'd research which ones have those resistors and which ones don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back