Change filter on it's own interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 2015 Jetta TDI. I'm thinking every other at 20,000 miles. I have a drain plug on the filter. right or wrong????

Originally Posted By: Rodmiser
A 2015 Jetta TDI. I'm thinking every other at 20,000 miles. I have a drain plug on the filter. right or wrong????

Never seen a drain plug on an oil filter, seen them on water separators, but not oil filters.

I'm not going to push my 15K filters to 20, thought about it - and I'm not. Would I been fine- probably.

UD

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
I'm not going to push my 15K filters to 20, thought about it - and I'm not. Would I been fine- probably.

UD

I thought I would be fine pushing a 15K filter to 20K too (especially with easy highway miles and a clean engine and an upper shelf [if not top-shelf] oil)... http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4135912/1

It's probably a fluke (I hope... but I'm not sure I'm going to continue 2 OCI/FCI aka 20K FCI).

Never seen a drain plug on an oil filter, seen them on water separators, but not oil filters.

UD

Many cartridge housings have a drain plug as part of the cap, Jetta is one of them.

Nice. Neither of my cartridge rigs have one.

In my head I was thinking of a spin on, but makes sense a jetta is a cartridge dealio.

UD

Originally Posted By: linksep

UD

I thought I would be fine pushing a 15K filter to 20K too (especially with easy highway miles and a clean engine and an upper shelf [if not top-shelf] oil)... http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4135912/1

It's probably a fluke (I hope... but I'm not sure I'm going to continue 2 OCI/FCI aka 20K FCI).

Nasty.

Looks like the media had enough heat and pressure Im surprised to see that pleat open up that far with wire backing.

Compared to my 20 hour service cycle on my marine big blocks 15K feels plenty long.

UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back