BITOG image uploader!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwillson

Staff member
All,

We finally have an image uploader! Now we can host images directly in our forums and don't have to use an external images hosting service.

A big thanks to SirDude, our consultant, who has done great work over the years to help keep BITOG running smoothly (and it takes a lot of work!).

Enjoy,

Your BITOG team

[image censored]

Seriously, don't abuse the uploader!

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't the image uploader that was abused with that image
wink.gif

The size limit is kind small at 2 mb. Isn't it possible to upload a larger picture and just have the forum re size it? The pictures I take with my phone are like 5 mb

Sean Connery in "Zardoz" doesn't meet BBS standards.
smirk.gif

This is massively useful though as photobucket has monkeyed their interface to require about 20 clicks and enforced wait times (for ad viewings.)

Woohoo!! It's always a bummer when you search and end up in a forum where all the pics are dead flickr links. I like that about forum hosted images will be there for as long as the forum survives. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
Woohoo!! It's always a bummer when you search and end up in a forum where all the pics are dead flickr links. I like that about forum hosted images will be there for as long as the forum survives. Thanks!

Agreed! Especially when its a scan of a UOA that you were really hoping to eyeball.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is there a way to manage your uploaded image library?

No, there isn't.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The size limit is kind small at 2 mb. Isn't it possible to upload a larger picture and just have the forum re size it? The pictures I take with my phone are like 5 mb

+1. Any decent smart phone takes normal pictures well over 2mb.

Originally Posted By: wwillson

No, there isn't.

Wayne

Is there any chance this is being looked into? there are many times I want to re-post pics I did in the past and sometimes I can't find them with the search, so I instead re-post the pic again, taking up more server space.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: wwillson

No, there isn't.

Wayne

Is there any chance this is being looked into? there are many times I want to re-post pics I did in the past and sometimes I can't find them with the search, so I instead re-post the pic again, taking up more server space.

I'd also be inclined to upload more images, if we could edit our own image library, such as updating and/or removing them. Quite a few other Boards have this feature, and it would likely encourage more members to share images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back