What would you do in my situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick the Tahoe, 100%.
What kind of body work? Its old enough (and common enough) I'd consider it a beater, even if its a DD and I wouldnt worry too much about aesthetics. Just as long as the lighting and everything is legal.

You've got $ in the jeep, and its already at least FWD. How about a set of winter tires and enjoy it for a little longer? Depending on the model year, some of the body styles are actually really nice, practical, good vehicle. It could be worth keeping, and just as capable with winter tires.

If you sell the jeep, I would be cautious about the tahoe. when gas goes back up, you'll have less available $ for repairs and maintenance. They are stout vehicles, but they can and do still develop hard-to-trace problems when they age, ask me how I know. Plus the plastics get brittle, like the dash, and every repair ends up with more squeaks, rattles, or brokes. Depending on the year, you may find the compass having a more comfortable interior, less NVH, etc..

Or sell the jeep, avoid the tahoe, and just pick up another AWD or FWD vehicle. It's easier to drive an old car if you have another old car to swap with during repairs. Perhaps keep both?

How much more in gas would you spend between the two in a year? That's a known cost difference between them atleast.
I like fwd with snows just fine on any public road near me. We keep one AWD for our driveway, ice fishing trips, and mild off roading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back