Compression Ratio of 2.4L Ecotec Motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Polaris uses the 2.4L Ecotec in their Slingshot vehicles. Its listed as
being 10.? to 1. Is this the same compression ratio of those in GM cars?

Maybe they're using an earlier version of the 2.4L. The current production 2.4 has 11.2 compression ratio.

and GM wesite says? .... ....

No 2.4 in the new Malibu anymore!

The 2.4 in the TRAVERSE CUV doesn't show a CR.

IT says SIDI technology:

EPA estimated 32 MPG highway (FWD)
•Variable Valve Timing (VVT) lets you have both efficiency and power; an impressive 182 hp at 6700 rpm and 172 lb-ft of torque at 4900 rpm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
and GM wesite says? .... ....

No 2.4 in the new Malibu anymore!

The 2.4 in the TRAVERSE CUV doesn't show a CR.

IT says SIDI technology:

EPA estimated 32 MPG highway (FWD)
•Variable Valve Timing (VVT) lets you have both efficiency and power; an impressive 182 hp at 6700 rpm and 172 lb-ft of torque at 4900 rpm

got one in my Terrain. Nice little engine

Back in the day (
smile.gif
) 172 lb-ft torque at almost 5000 rpm would indicate track only racing cam, very high state of tune.
Now you now why My engines explode on weasel oil.
I exploit this upper torque and EXPECT the engine to take it. I guess the Japanese engines cant take it.

Back in the day (
smile.gif
) 172 lb-ft torque at almost 5000 rpm would indicate track only racing cam, very high state of tune.
I exploit this upper torque and EXPECT the engine to take it. I guess the Japanese engines cant take it.

Yet you own two Japanese cars....

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Back in the day (
smile.gif

Yet you own two Japanese cars....

crackmeup2.gif

What can I buy, a Chevy? A Junk rebadged Fiat? I'm on a 10 year hiatus after my 2007 Silverado disaster.

Stuff just aint holding up. And Dealers wont fix engine performance or noise problems. And Moider is illegal, last I checked.

What can I buy, a Chevy? A Junk rebadged Fiat? I'm on a 10 year hiatus after my 2007 Silverado disaster.

Stuff just aint holding up. And Dealers wont fix engine performance or noise problems. And Moider is illegal, last I checked.
Why not since they hold up better than the Japanese cars
wink.gif

So you bought a Nissan with a CVT?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

So you bought a Nissan with a CVT?
crackmeup2.gif

Or a subaru forester with a cvt or a Mitsubishi with a cvt or a Honda with a CVT?

I was mentioning engines;
Do you know the difference between and engine and a transmission?
Little Billy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back