1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k

Status
Not open for further replies.
*****. Absolutely hideously ugly. That car should be crushed and shipped to China to be turned into GY6 engines.

$45k might be a decent price if it were all original. I have to agree with others that the body kit and matte paint kind of ruin it.

Originally Posted By: glock19
I have to agree with others that the body kit and matte paint kind of ruin it.

+1

I'm not feeling it at all.

I might be inclined to pay that if it hasn't been messed with. Body kits and matte paint weren't necessary to make this car a stunner. Kinda hurts my heart a little to see one modified like this.

The mods have no value except for select few buyers who have similar taste.

Odd comparison to bmw or even Porsche as this vehicle was in a different class for 1990 design.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
For 45 grand I could buy another E39 M5, do an entire suspension overhaul, replace all the sensors that are known to fail and still have 25 grand left easily. And the M5 is faster with a much nicer interior.

OMG! Of course you could.

Anyone who buys that car has more money than sense. I would DEDUCT money for those mods.

Despite whatever imagined collector car value it is still an old car...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I'm sure someone will like it, but for something like an NSX, stock or very close looks best IMO.

I was not even all that enamored of it's looks stock (and I'm STILL not).

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Why would anyone paint it like that instead of just wrapping it?

Because they have watched too many episodes of Gas Monkey Garage and have too much money on their hands...

Problem number two for this guy is that I am pretty sure you can buy a very nice 3XX Ferrari for 45K...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Because they have watched too many episodes of Gas Monkey Garage and have too much money on their hands...

Problem number two for this guy is that I am pretty sure you can buy a very nice 3XX Ferrari for 45K...

Ferrari of any year and model is money pitch. It is second to none in term of driving, but if you don't do all maintenance/repair yourself, and your income in not mid six figure or higher you can't afford it.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Ferrari of any year and model is money pitch. It is second to none in term of driving, but if you don't do all maintenance/repair yourself, and your income in not mid six figure or higher you can't afford it.

I'd bet that finding qualified technicians and parts for a low production Honda is no cheaper...

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
More info on the car here.

That must have been one expensive body kit (he lists "more than $30,000 in mods") because other than a clutch/flywheel and exhaust it is basically mechanically stock
21.gif

There's another 1991 right below it in that forum for sale in Toronto with almost identical mileage (131K miles) for $40,000 Canadian, which is $30,600 American, or roughly $15,000 less than the body kit car............

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I'd bet that finding qualified technicians and parts for a low production Honda is no cheaper...

I don't know about NSX part cost, I think it is just a Honda so it can be serviced by regular mechanic. Ferrari is completely different animal, hard to get part except dealer(s), no regular mechanic want to touch it for reason they don't know the cost to replace the car if they screw up.

Ferrari is beautiful to look at 100 feet away, owning it is another story.

Would MUCH rather have THIS ONE and I could probably put the correct wheels (meaning OE) on it and still be 5 grand ahead...

I could be wrong about NSX repairs I guess, but I just don't think wheeling over to your local Honda/Acura store for service like a Civic is realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back