Defender vs CS5 Grand vs RT43 (205/70/R15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driven on Defenders and the CS5. Ive been a fan since the CS3, loved my CS4, and just bought a set of the cs5 for my dad. My girlfriend has the cs5 grand as well, theyre quiet, hold their own in all weather, and look to be holding up very well, although none are near the 80k mark that theyre rated.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: FL-400S
I've had defenders on all 4 corners of this Sienna for 2.5 years, The front 2 are shot with 25-30k miles on them (ok I never rotated). I have had michelin defenders on 2 other vehicles, and cooper CS5 grand touring on a third. I just ordered 2 General Altimax RT43 for this van, to replace the worn defenders. Im thinking run these for about 2 years then get 4 new ones.

I dont know what to expect out of the Generals, this will be my first set. However, I cant say Im overly impressed with the Defenders. They are somewhat quiet and smooth, look nice, but I think the Coopers are a better tire. I havent really tested the durability of the coopers, as the car is not driven that much. But every time I get in the car, I think, man, these tires are quiet. Cost wise, the defenders and coopers are about the same, if the defender has a steep discount. General is easily the least expensive of the 3.

Anyone else compared these 3 tires? Im curious to see how the generals do, but all other factors aside, ill look for CS5 for any car im re-shoeing in the future.

I have a link bookmarked about short tread life even if you rotate the Defenders. Would like to see it?

Sure thing.

DT has good rebates this 4th of July. $75 for a set of better tires(both CS5 Touring versions), $60 for using DT credit card, Cooper has $70 rebate for S5 Touring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back