Fram XG16 4522mi 5.7 Hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of pics of my last filter. Was ran with Castrol 0w30 for 4 months 4522 miles. I redline the truck multiple times a day with some idle time as well so I change every 4 months.

A perfect ultra canister. If only the cartridges were this good. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
This thread gives me plenty of confidence for the XG2's in my stash for use on my 5.7L Hemi.

Thanks OP!

That's what I thought as well. But I will be using a M1-210 first then using an XG.

Fram hit this filter out of the ballpark.. The ultras really seem to be built very very well.. It took a lot for me to try something made by fram but i gave it a shot and i like what i have been seeing.. My only hope is that they don't try to "improve" This filter by using louvers to keep the price down or raise the price too much because then i will gravitate to something else.

The Ultra xg-2 is going to be my next choice in filters for all my fords because the Motorcraft filters seem to be using those itty bity louvers and thats just silly..

Used to less than 1/3 its potential.

The Extra Guard would have worked great here.

The newer PH16's seem to have more pleats than the ones we are used to seeing.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
This thread gives me plenty of confidence for the XG2's in my stash for use on my 5.7L Hemi.

Thanks OP!

That's what I thought as well. But I will be using a M1-210 first then using an XG.

I am thinking the same. The inlet holes are smooth and did not cut the ADBV, the filter element looks very good. No issues noted.

Thanks for the cut & post.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Used to less than 1/3 its potential.

The Extra Guard would have worked great here.

Not interested in using any budget filters just to save 3 or 4 dollars. Thanks for your concern though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back