1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k

Status
Not open for further replies.
This good looking 1991 NSX with some good body mods can be bought for $45k.

Quote:
Dressed in all black, this Acura NSX is aggressive, raw, and machismo in all the best ways, and you might be surprised to learn that it’s a 25-year old car. Seriously. The ’91 NSX recently popped up on eBay, and the rest of us haven’t stopped drooling since.

According to the listing, the brutal NSX dons a Factory X Motorsports widebody kit, which contributes to this car’s barroom brawler figure. It also features the very-popular ’02 front-end conversion, which swaps the very of-the-period pop-up ‘90s headlamps for the sleeker fascia of the 2002-to-2005 NSX.

It’s a clean look for sure, and it continues to age remarkably well as the years grow. The sinister Koenigsegg Matte Black paint, NSX-R style front air dam, and racy rear spoiler certainly don’t hurt either.

Exterior
1991-acura-nsx-r-wb-1v.jpg

Interior
1991-acura-nsx-r-wb-3v.jpg

Not a fan of aftermarket body mods on factory performance cars unless they have an important documented race history. Such mods usually result in nice haircuts from the pricing of pure factory stock examples. No mention of mileage which is the single biggest factor when pricing. If that black is not a factory color, that's a big hit. Just 2 years later in 1993 the LT1 Firebirds/Camaro's debuted with 275 hp, more than the 1991 V-6 twin turbo NSX. Only 210 ft-lb of torque on that NSX?

$45K will buy you two used 25K mile 2001-2002 Corvette Z06's (405 hp).

I don't like the lights, paint finish, or the bodykit. Semi-gloss kind of makes it look like I painted it with a spray can.
I'm sure someone will like it, but for something like an NSX, stock or very close looks best IMO.

That thing looks like they got a can of Rustoleum flat black and used a roller to paint it.

v4w60l.jpg

2aj5oa0.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Looks nice.

$45K will also buy a used 911 Turbo or M powered BMW.

A 15-20 years old German vehicle isn't as trouble free as NSX, apart from eating rear tires like hot-cake NSX is very reliable. Can't say that to 15-20 years old German performance vehicles.

I think flat black is a new trend in "high-end car" lately.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Looks nice.

A 15-20 years old German vehicle isn't as trouble free as NSX, apart from eating rear tires like hot-cake NSX is very reliable. Can't say that to 15-20 years old German performance vehicles.

For 45 grand I could buy another E39 M5, do an entire suspension overhaul, replace all the sensors that are known to fail and still have 25 grand left easily. And the M5 is faster with a much nicer interior.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Looks nice.

For 45 grand I could buy another E39 M5, do an entire suspension overhaul, replace all the sensors that are known to fail and still have 25 grand left easily. And the M5 is faster with a much nicer interior.

NSX is more like in a class with a Z8 than M5. One is a sedan another is a sport car.

You can buy a good condition M5 and fix all the known problems for $20k ? A new one was more than $70-80k ?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Looks nice.

NSX is more like in a class with a Z8 than M5. One is a sedan another is a sport car.

You can buy a good condition M5 and fix all the known problems for $20k ? A new one was more than $70-80k ?

Yeah, I paid 18K for mine (with low mileage), I got 12K for it on trade. A new one was around 120K (Canadian).

BMW doesn't make a car like the NSX, that's why I went for the M5 in comparo. The Z8 to me seems more S2000 audience (roadster).

That paint looks horrible. Personally, I think matte black looks half assed on cars like this. That's great that it's a Koenigsegg paint color, but it still looks like what someone did with some rattle cans from Wal-Mart last weekend in their backyard.

Running with the big boys.

Jump to 2:50 to 3:19 et al to see the cornering advantage it has.

270HP IIRC and "bargain of the century" if you ask me.

Last edited:
Edmunds sold their bone stock long term 1991 NSX with 58,000 miles for $28,500.

Seems like a better deal than an NSX with a tarted up body kit and trendy paint for for $45,000.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

Running with the big boys.

Jump to 2:50 to 3:19 et al to see the cornering advantage it has.

270HP IIRC and "bargain of the century" if you ask me.

NSX didn't have as much power from normally aspirated 3.0-3.2L V6 engine as others with much larger displacement engines, but its handling is pretty good and it makes faster cornering speed than larger heavier cars.

Similar can be said about S2000, the 2.0-2.2L engine is not as strong compares with 2.8-3.0L engines, but it is lighter than most and its handling is better(faster cornering speed) because of its light weight.

Either NSX or S2000 isn't good at long straight because of not enough power.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I like the body kit but not the paint

Personally, I don't like the paint scheme either. It looks cheap or looks like some kid with paint brush and a can of Home Depot black paint. The body kit looks good, especially on a 25 years old car.

I think there is a video of Tesla Model 3 with similar paint scheme, i.e., flat-black model 3 tested on highway in Palo Alto few days ago. It looks bad too.

Looks nice.

That was my first thought. Perhaps this is more unique and reliable..

$45k, Haha Wow. And a '91 no less!

But you can't blame him, there are people in existence willing to pay him that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back