Clearance oversized filters for M20x1.5 w/bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some great extra-capacity filters at RA right now with an internal bypass for vehicles such a Honda, HyundaiKia, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru. Mitsubishi etc on wholesaler closeout!

There are actually 3 over-sizes around all available for really cheap, depending on how large you need/can go. Why even mess with 6607/7317 if there's room for something bigger and flowier?

The smallest over-sizer is the size of the old 90's blue Filtech Honda filter - can be found for a Mitsubishi 2.0 turbo from 1990. A reasonable selection.

The Medium ones can be found for a 1990 Corvette ZR-1 DOHC. Still a pretty big filter. I ordered a bunch of AC (no delco) PF9's Made in England. It looks like an excellent quality filter with what I suspect is a glass blended media given that it shimmers in the sun. I sacrificed one and cut it open. Will post pics once they can be taken.

There is an ultimately large size for those with the clearance and the gaul. It's a virtually extinct filter size I'm guessing but it's even longer than the 'medium' type. App 1984 Peugot 604 diesel in the Rock catalog

There are some fine quality filters on Clearance for these three apps. I personally took favor to the England-made PF9. Sure, it's not got a silicone ADBV but I don't need one in my app.
Just now looking at the Peugeot Diesel filters, there is an enormous WIX 85182 with the classic Wix Si ADBV for a buck sixty-five CDN. Might just order one for chuckles

I try to do bigger orders with them to amortize the immediate hit of customs clearance. That appears to be a fixed price but the actual logistical cost- based on weight and dimensions I assume- seems to be quite reasonable. A 2 cu-ft box costs about 12-15$. It kinda sucks plus with the volatile and flimsy CDN dollar really steals some value, but some of the prices are so good that it still amounts to be considerably cheaper than local sourced parts. Our CDN retail rips us off mercilessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back